I thought Obama's SOTU Address upheld its usual high standard - Shooting Sports Forum

News and Political Forum News and Politics spoken here!

Like Tree40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2015, 19:24   #1

I thought Obama's SOTU Address upheld its usual high standard

I missed the live broadcast, but probably the video was just as good to be able to catch it all, though I probably need to watch it through again, because parts I might've failed to absorb, rich with content as it was.

Yeah, he's almost too compelling of a speaker, but you just had to love the way he makes the Republicans look bad, calling for more cooperation while constantly making allusions to how divisive, petty, and contrary they are. He was, like, sympathetic, but with an edge. Oh, and it does reflect a little poorly on him how intentional is the image he projects, but, then again, it's hard to hate a guy who so consistently makes republicans look bad.

I confess that I did take off my Obama bumpersticker since he fired those cruises at Isis, but I still like him for the most part. I just really feel sorry for those who are determined to hate him, considering we well might not see the likes of him again any time soon. I guess it's true what they say that "you can get used to anything", and I guess many have just simply gotten used to sh!t, which is truly unfortunate to say the least.

I mean, this guy's just as about as amazingly sharp as so many repubs are amazingly dumb, most in their policies, and some like Dubya (top of the heap) actually in their minds.
Old 01-23-2015, 19:44   #2

I don,t know what you said because you are blocked!! What I do know is you are a numbnuts!!!
cowboy117, Paco and chill1955 like this.
Augie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 20:50   #3

He said he is great and he is going to give away more free stuff.
cowboy117 and chill1955 like this.
Dave s is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2015, 21:07   #4

And crapped all over the congress that he wants to pass some of his billls. Good move dumbsh!t!
chill1955 likes this.
40nascar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 05:16   #5

Originally Posted by 40nascar View Post
And crapped all over the congress that he wants to pass some of his billls. Good move dumbsh!t!
He doesn't need congress, just more executive actions.
cowboy117 and chill1955 like this.
Old 01-24-2015, 05:17   #6

Old 01-24-2015, 05:34   #7

Thought for the day.

https://www.google.com/search?q=plea...ml%3B482%3B320
Dave s likes this.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:59   #8
LIB-PROG NEMESIS

Old 01-24-2015, 11:34   #9

Originally Posted by blamster View Post
and some like Dubya (top of the heap) actually in their minds.
If you think Dubya was stupid or not too sharp then you have fallen into the same traps that so many other liberals have done. He is extremely smart and surrounded himself with those who were. The hard part is agreeing with policy. Being smart and having good policy are two different things. Regardless of his policy, he was a likeable guy. Obama is not.

And after being in office he still continues to show what a stand up guy he is. He work with veterans and his lack of comments on the stupid policies of Obama that even Carter and Clinton can't help themselves commenting about.

As for the SOTU, were watching the same thing? I saw a boring speech with nothing new except for the same old democrat speak. More spending, more taxes and obstructing everything even those things you don't opose other than its being brought up by the other team.

Bush versus Obama at baseball:

Bush versus Obama on a bike:

And finally Reagan on a bike. Since he didn't ride one ....

dh1633pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 13:04   #10

I think I heard "veto" at least 10 times.
Old 01-24-2015, 13:17   #11

[QUOTE=dh1633pm;875653]If you think Dubya was stupid or not too sharp then you have fallen into the same traps that so many other liberals have done. He is extremely smart and surrounded himself with those who were. The hard part is agreeing with policy. Being smart and having good policy are two different things. Regardless of his policy, he was a likeable guy. Obama is not.

And after being in office he still continues to show what a stand up guy he is. He work with veterans and his lack of comments on the stupid policies of Obama that even Carter and Clinton can't help themselves commenting about.

As for the SOTU, were watching the same thing? I saw a boring speech with nothing new except for the same old democrat speak. More spending, more taxes and obstructing everything even those things you don't opose other than its being brought up by the other team.

Bush versus Obama at baseball:

Bush versus Obama on a bike:

And finally Reagan on a bike. Since he didn't ride one ....

[/Q

Obammy is the poster child for the Metro-sexual movement.
cowboy117 and Rockys Pop like this.
Old 01-24-2015, 14:51   #12

Yeah, I think you guys are right that he was doing even more passive aggressive stuff than what I originally credited him for. Still, makes you realize how damn smooth and evil he is to really rub their noses in it! It makes the party where he was saying "let's all just get along and work together" even funnier!

Yeah, basically, I would have to say that ridiculing Republicans is right up there with "killing Natzies" when you get right down to it. These are a few of my favorite things!

Old 01-24-2015, 15:31   #13

Yup you certainly have "the my team" mentality. No sense commenting further.
Dave s likes this.
dh1633pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 16:34   #14
Honor our Constitution !

Originally Posted by blamster View Post
Yeah, I think you guys are right that he was doing even more passive aggressive stuff than what I originally credited him for. Still, makes you realize how damn smooth and evil he is to really rub their noses in it! It makes the party where he was saying "let's all just get along and work together" even funnier!

Yeah, basically, I would have to say that ridiculing Republicans is right up there with "killing Natzies" when you get right down to it. These are a few of my favorite things!

but......but.........
your hero is more like a Nazi (their leader in fact) than an Alli if you've learned any history at all............
Didn't watch the speech......was working, as always, to support the current Presidents' voter base.
grumpy_old_man and Dave s like this.
Old 01-24-2015, 16:54   #15

Delusional, divisive, and in denial that his party lost the last election in a landslide because of his agenda and failed leadership. Blamster, take your lithium or diazapam. If you want to hear a real man speak, listen to Netanyahu.
migyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 17:37   #16

SOTU address?

If it didn't have the words "I resign effective immediately" in the text, I'm not interested.

Nothing else that "man" could say would have any value to me.

Best,
Grumpy
grumpy_old_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 17:42   #17

So what's Netanyahu been saying? I haven't really liked any of their leaders since Rabin, I think it was.

I heard they tried making a stamp of Sharon, I think it was, but they had the problem that people kept spitting on the wrong side.
Old 01-24-2015, 18:04   #18
Temp Banned!

Wink An oldie but goodie, updated for the Obama era

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWzyjVUGtC0
Old 01-24-2015, 18:16   #19

Yes, sir-ee, that's a mighty snappy tune. Some fine harmony singing, and some might fine pickin' too!

Basically, the repubs are just so much a$$ grease as far as I'm concerned. I'm just sorry that Americans don't know any better.

Even though they might be more firmly entrenched at the moment, at least we can take lots of easy pleasure in ridiculing them for being such scum.
Old 01-24-2015, 18:19   #20

Congress is tainted with Jew money...boy I wish we would stop giving them the time of day ( Israel )
bpartwthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 18:30   #21
Temp Banned!

Talking Republicans are Koch-suckers

Originally Posted by Paco View Post
As they gear up for a costly 2016 presidential race, at least four potential Republican candidates have been invited to California this weekend to rub elbows with conservative donors at a summit hosted by billionaire industrialists Charles and David Koch, the New York Times reports.

Sens. Marco Rubio, R-Florida, Ted Cruz, R-Texas, and Rand Paul, R-Kentucky, are expected to attend the gathering, which will be held at a resort in Palm Springs. Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush were also invited, but Bush declined to attend, citing a scheduling conflict.

Of course, the men at this weekend's summit won't be the only people attempting to curry the Kochs' favor over the next several years. Gov. Chris Christie, R-New Jersey, has strong ties to David Koch, the Times reports, and the two men consulted regularly during the 2014 election cycle, when Christie was the head of the Republican Governors Association.

And Indiana Gov. Mike Pence also has extensive ties to the Koch network. Many of his former staffers now work with Koch-affiliated groups, the Times Reports, and he's seen as a viable 2016 option - a Midwestern governor who could excite the base while satisfying the establishment.

One potential candidate who notably wasn't invited to this weekend's gathering was Mitt Romney, the 2012 Republican presidential nominee who recently signaled his interest in a repeat bid in 2016.
Likely GOP candidates flock to Koch Brothers' summit in California

They're all white dudes.

Which is why:

The Republicans In 'Republicans Are People Too' Ad Are All Stock Photos

Republicans are full of shіt!

Dumb Republican Ad: "We're People Too!"
Old 01-24-2015, 18:54   #22

Look The POS so-called admin-owner is behind all of the $hit stain accounts like free$hit for brains and the rest. The best you can do for everyone is not reply, not acknowledge they exist basically. Just focus on the positive inputs and the firearm aspects of the forum. Yeah Kevvy I called you a POS, prove me right.
40nascar likes this.
Old 01-24-2015, 19:01   #23

Originally Posted by bpartwthog View Post
Congress is tainted with Jew money...boy I wish we would stop giving them the time of day ( Israel )
Despite its flaws, Israel is the best friend and ally we have in the middle East. A lot of pseudo-academics have a strong anti-Israeli political view. Many share the same political philosophy as Obama. Enjoy their company.
migyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 22:43   #24

Originally Posted by migyver View Post
Despite its flaws, Israel is the best friend and ally we have in the middle East. A lot of pseudo-academics have a strong anti-Israeli political view. Many share the same political philosophy as Obama. Enjoy their company.
Yeah, just go down on the crude oil load if that's what it takes!
Old 01-25-2015, 09:37   #25

Ho hum ... another stupid thread going nowhere and apologizing for the worst President in modern history.
grumpy_old_man, Paco and chill1955 like this.

Racist! - the standard cry of the leftist when losing an argument...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
shootnpoot is offline   Reply With Quote