Finally Decided - Page 4 - Shooting Sports Forum

Lever Action Talk Lever Action firearms of all makes

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2019, 10:58   #76

It's been a while and it's about a month until hunting season. As I said I went back to the original peep sight set up and I'm happy with it. I love the RPP loading gate and lever.
RPP just came out with a synthetic/fiber stock about 2 weeks ago. After the quality of the past products and I thought go for it. It was a little pricey but I figure you pay for quality.
The installation took about an hour. The fit, finish, quality were all top notch. In the forward stock they incorporated the M-Lok system to clamp on accessories.
The picture hosting site is down but when it's up I'll post a picture.

Last edited by LoneWolf; 10-12-2019 at 11:07. Reason: Site back up to add picture
LoneWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 11:33   #77

I forgot to add in the weight reduction. I weighed all the new RPP stock components prior to installation. After removing all the wood components and barrel band I weighed them as well. Total reduction was a little over 1/2 pound.
To be exact 10 ounces.
Old 10-14-2019, 07:30   #78

I had a wedding yesterday afternoon but I managed to get the sling and sling hardware mounted in the morning. I got the lightest m-lok sling stud I could find. In the butt stock I used a standard sling stud. For the sling I went light weight as well .. the Butler Creek Mountain sling.
Marlin states the rifle weight to be 7 lbs. So i weighed the rifle and it was right on the money .. 6.5 lbs.
I'll have to hit the range at some point this week to check the sights but they should be close to on. So far I'm impressed with the weight loss and the feel.

Old 10-25-2019, 14:51   #79

I finally had a chance to get to the range today. I expected after disassembling most of the front, for the forward stock install, the sights would be a little off.
At 50 yards it was 3" right and 4" low. More than I thought but it's sighted in.
So far I'm really liking the set up. It's lighter in weight, quicker for target acquisition and in my opinion just an overall good brush gun.