Finally Decided - Page 2 - Shooting Sports Forum

Lever Action Talk Lever Action firearms of all makes

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2018, 07:48   #26

Reminds me of our new dishwasher, just finished the new house. The appliances were bought as a package, Kitchen Aid. We went through and tested each unit, got to the dishwasher, did not work, and it never washed a single dish. Long story short, two months later, could not even get a repairman to come out, Kitchen Aid told us to go get a new dishwasher from another brand name. Installer from store shows up with new DW, put his smart phone on the old one, beep, beep, says “nope this thing would and will never work,” tosses it in his truck like trash.....

So much for real QC and having a brand new $500+ product that actually works, sitting on the factory floor.
Ed
Rapier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 15:36   #27

Couldn't agree more about QC. What gets me is it almost seems they think they're doing you a favor by replacing it.
I sent an e-mail to CS at headquarters in I believe NC. It was written not angrily but factually. I even had the ticket # from 2 years ago to include. I received a response saying they were sorry, didn't want to lose me as a customer and what do I think they should do. I responded :
Don't you think it would have been a nice gesture if they had originally said something like we're sorry for your inconvenience, time and gas and how about a Marlin rifle case for your new rifle and a few Marlin T shirts ? Or anything !
I probably won't hear back until Monday.
Old 09-22-2018, 00:30   #28
Honor our Constitution !

and their managers are wondering why sales are down taking profits with them........they probably treat their employees like chyt so they don't care if product is acceptable or not.....
I can be treated poorly as a customer by any company in the world........why pay the inflated prices JUST because it's assembled in USA?

they'll probably send you a ball-cap with your new gun.............

Old 09-24-2018, 17:52   #29

I was told today by the time it gets approved, then goes to the repair dept. for destroying of the rifle, then hopefully checking out the new rifle and then to shipping I'm looking at probably at least another week.
They basically said what can I do for you ? I said a rifle case, t-shirts, whatever would be nice considering my time, gas and aggravation. Not joking they offered decals. I asked to be put in touch with a manager and they avoided it like the plaque. Again how can I help you ? I said you can't.
I wrote a letter to the CEO of Remington and I'm sending it snail mail tomorrow morning. I'll let you know if he responds.
Old 09-26-2018, 05:56   #30
Honor our Constitution !

I hate that you've had such a bad experience, and that Remlin has turned into such a turd of a company.
If you get a refund, you can always get a new Henry and all the benefits that come with that brand.
Old 09-26-2018, 08:24   #31

LW
A well run business always tries to make every single direct contact with a customer into a positive for that customer and if this is done, it is a positive for the business.

That is the very basis of Customer Service not arguing or coming out on top of a disagreement. Someone is in the wrong job and it is not the person on the phone, it is the person that trained them and manages their daily activity.
Ed
Rockys Pop likes this.
Old 09-28-2018, 12:42   #32

The letter was delivered to Remington in NC this morning at 8:30 AM. Their address is a PO Box.
Well I guess I'll see if the Chairman throw's it in the garbage or replies. I wouldn't expect any reply until next week anyway.
Called to see if there was any info on my new 336 and if it was shipping soon. I was told they won't know until it ships. It has to go to a different dept. and then shipping. They said the day it ships I'll get an email.
Today it has been exactly 23 days from date I received it from my FFL and Remington has had it for exactly 18 days today.
Rapier they were polite and would ask how can I make your experience better. Any suggestion I made as for reimbursement of time and gas was shot down .. politely. It really was an insult to say I'll send you decals.
I've had 6 boxes of ammo sitting here for about a month just waiting to be used.

Last edited by LoneWolf; 09-28-2018 at 16:34. Reason: Forgot ammo
LoneWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 04:58   #33
Honor our Constitution !

" We've had the faulty new rifle you sent back to us for repair for 18 days.....but instead of doing any meaningful renumeration for your time and trouble, we'll GLADLY send you some crappy sticky paper to ALLOW you to advertise for us !! "

EVERY MEMBER OF THIS FORUM NEEDS TO READ THIS THREAD AND TAKE IT TO HEART !!

I'M GIVING IT A 5 STAR RATING TO MAKE SURE IT GETS NOTICED........
Old 09-30-2018, 02:11   #34

Get your money back. Get an oldie bit goodie and be happy. New Henry's are nice, but not the rebounding ( lawyer) hammer.
40nascar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 05:56   #35

Just an update. No word from Remington as to when I can expect my rifle. They have had it in their possession for exactly 25 days today.
No word from Executive Chairman Paul Miller. The letter was delivered exactly 7 days ago. Considering it was a PO Box and it was delivered last Friday at 8:30 am I would think he would have it in his hand no later then Monday by end of day. If that's the case I guess he either is looking into to it, and hasn't notified me, or tossed it.

Last edited by LoneWolf; 10-05-2018 at 06:04. Reason: It was 25 days not 28 , corrected
LoneWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 13:32   #36

I called Remington for an update. The first lady was polite and trying to help. She said she's never seen anything like it. It looks like it shipped but it doesn't make sense. She went to get a supervisor but they were in a meeting.
I told her who I had spoke with 2 weeks ago and she transferred me to her. I was on the phone at least 10 minutes when she said it looks like it shipped then stopped. She asked if she could call back.
When she called back she said they had just pulled one off the shelf and shipped it and I had requested it be checked out. I said that is correct because I will never go through this again. She said it was recalled back to them and they are having one checked by the custom shop to make sure it's good. She stated I should have it at my FFL by the end of next week. I double checked to make sure they had my FFL's info.
The saga continues.
Old 10-05-2018, 14:36   #37

Bet the woman was looking for a sign off showing it was inspected before shipping. So also sounds like you had a double strike on the no CQ hit parade going. She had to have it recalled to get it checked and it had to go to custom to actually get checked, no CQ Dept.

Just got my Kitchen free standing hood R&R ed , it took 6 hours for the house contractor and I to do the deed. Needless to say I will be paying the labor for this one too. I am on 3 no CQ appliance failures in a new house build, so feel for you, man.
Ed
Old 10-05-2018, 14:57   #38

You know I was thinking about it.
The letter I wrote was delivered last Friday morning.
The Executive Chairman probably didn't see it until this week.
When the first lady went to get a supervisor they were in a big meeting.
The rifle shipped was recalled from UPS back to the Remington facility.
A new rifle is going to the custom shop to be checked before shipping.

Makes you wonder if the Chairman made some calls to see what's going (?). They've only had it 25 days and counting.

Nah wishful thinking !!
Old 10-05-2018, 16:10   #39
Honor our Constitution !

"big meeting" = no managers working because it's Friday
Old 10-07-2018, 02:27   #40

Looks like you should have picked the Henry. Or for $250 LESS A Mossberg
Old 10-09-2018, 13:40   #41

Originally Posted by 40nascar View Post
Looks like you should have picked the Henry. Or for $250 LESS A Mossberg
I agree if I had bought the Henry there wouldn't have been any problems.
I can't check any progress online as my serial # doesn't exist. I called this morning and supposedly the new rifle is being checked out in the custom shop. No guarantee but my FFL may have it by the end of this week.
I emailed and attached my FFL fees receipt from the original purchase so I can be reimbursed. Again they're not sure if they can do anything , as far as reimbursement, for my time and inconvenience. This Thursday they will have had my rifle in their possession exactly 30 days.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:17   #42
Honor our Constitution !

Have you left a review on the Better Business Bureau online?
Wherever you purchased it likely has a customer review section as well.
Have you been to the Remlin forum.....they may have a complaint section.

A major U.S. guitar mfgr was shafting customers some years back......until we banded together and made so much noise that the issues were eventually resolved....for a short while.
Old 10-10-2018, 13:46   #43

No I didn't go any of those routes. I thought I would be fair and see how this plays out.
I do believe the CEO made a call though. It seems everything is being handled by the managers and the custom shop .. at least from what I'm being told. A good example is how the first rifle that was shipped was recalled from UPS. Another is how the cs rep has to check everything through the supervisor.
I'll call tomorrow morning for an update on when my FFL might be getting it. I'm hoping Friday.
Old 10-12-2018, 05:12   #44

I called yesterday afternoon. My FFL fee reimbursement was approved. They said they also approved something for my time, gas and aggravation. As far as the new rifle shipping they didn't know .. it's in the custom shop.
So either it's sitting on a bench since last Friday or they are actually working on it ... maybe polishing things up. I'm not an armorer but I'm pretty handy at working on my firearms and in my opinion it wouldn't take more than 2 hrs to inspect a rifle.
Here's to hoping they are polishing the bolt and polishing the trigger to bring it down to 4-5 lbs. I can dream !!
Old 10-12-2018, 10:19   #45

I did a little research this morning and found out Ilion hasn't had a Custom Shop since 2015. All custom work is done in South Dakota. I called South Dakota and the gentlemen had no idea about anything about my rifle. He said he would double check and call me back.
He called back and said no. He asked for a ticket number. He couldn't check himself but would call Remington. He called me back and said my rifle is in Ilion and was inspected and signed off on yesterday. He also said the custom shop doesn't do inspections just custom work.
A short while later I received a call from the CS rep I was dealing with. She apologized and said she had misspoke. She shouldn't have said it was going to custom shop for inspection but it was a custom inspection as they don't usually do that. I believe her as that could happen. She said it should ship early next week.
Anyway this is my take so far. I think that the CEO Paul Miller never did anything. He probably tossed my letter as I never heard back.That is a BAD sign. A two minute email response isn't that much of an inconvenience after all the hours I've put it on this.
My rifle will not come with any "extra" refinements after being at Remington for 31 days today becuase it wasn't at a custom shop.
If it was being "custom" inspected last Friday that means it sat on a bench until yesterday.
I tried to remain optimistic through most of this. At this point it was a mistake. It will be 5 weeks without a rifle. Countless hours on the phone. Gas and time to ship and going to my FFL. I'm getting nothing meaningful for THEIR lack of quality control.
Goodbye Remington, Marlin and the Freedom Group.
Old 10-14-2018, 22:52   #46

Hello Henry and Mossberg
chill1955 likes this.
Old 10-19-2018, 12:37   #47

I picked up my Marlin this morning. five weeks and 3 days later !

The magazine tube is straight and centered. There is negligible play in the hammer and lever. When I shake the rifle I barely here something move .. most likely the lifter. Not a loud rattle like before. They also test fired it as a 3 shot target came with it.
Overall the rifle is 1,000 % better then the last. There are only 2 things I noticed that were negative. One was the bead was not on the front sight. It appears it had fallen off. I really don't care as I was installing a fiber optic anyway. Two is the trigger weight. The average of three pulls was 8 lbs 12 ozs.
Well I went to work on it this morning. I cleaned the barrel and lubed the rifle. I removed the front sight hood and sight. I installed a Marbles fiber optic front sight. I installed a single Skinner scope base for my red dot. I installed a sling. I also installed the supplied hammer extension.
Hopefully I'll have time to hit the range this weekend and put a few boxes through it and sight it in.
sandog, blamster and Rockys Pop like this.
Old 10-24-2018, 08:09   #48

Just a quick update.

I went to the range and sighted in the irons with the fiber optic front sight. I left the set up with the barrel buckhorn rear sight. I used 3 different ammunition's at 50 yards. My rifle loves the Hornady LeverEvolution. They grouped tighter and the poi was higher. The only negative was the heavy trigger pull.
When I got home I cleaned the rifle barrel. Then I removed the butt stock and the hammer spring. I installed the Wolff hammer spring I had ordered before hand. I cycled and pulled the trigger several times and I could feel the difference. I checked with the trigger gauge and the average of 3 pulls was 5 lbs 6 ozs. That's almost a 3.5 lb reduction.
I decided to go with a scope I already have and not the red dot. I removed the red dot and the Skinner scope plate. I'm waiting on a rail I ordered which should be here Saturday. The scope is a Hawke 2-7 which I think will be ideal in the woods here in the north east.
So I am happy with the rifle I have now but this is what should have left the factory in the first place without an almost 6 week delay.
Rockys Pop likes this.
Old 10-24-2018, 09:09   #49

Happy for you that the rifle now works for your needs.
Ed
Old 11-16-2018, 09:47   #50
Temp Banned!

You're a patient man. I hope she dials in for you. 8 lb trigger pull is way over the top. Don't know if it can be safely worked over.