• 2 Post By jor-el
  • 1 Post By Rockys Pop
  • 1 Post By Rockys Pop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2019, 21:42   #1

White Settlement, Texas Church Shooting

https://files.catbox.moe/r84gof.mp4?...p2F9AoUKXoBbWk

Warning: graphic view of the shooting.

OK, this is also being discussed in the Political Forum. I wish to focus on the training/teachable moments that may help mitigate harm from these incidents in the future.

I would like you members to first view the vid, then bring up points, if any.
jor-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 21:59   #2

I'll start. It's not clear in the video, but "Kith", the bad guy, is wearing a dark haired wig, possibly styled as dreadlocks. Also wearing a hoodie, a fake beard, and a jacket. The vast majority of parishioners are in shirtsleeves. Also, not clarified in the video, all armed churchgoers other then the bad guy are part of a volunteer security team.
2rangers and Bepe like this.
Old 12-31-2019, 02:16   #3
Matthew 5:9

From the number of Security Team members piled up along his isle, they were obviously watching him.
My only REAL question is why was an obviously disguised man (per several parishoners comments) allowed into the Sanctuary?
We have radioed, armed deacons at the front entrance, AND the Sanctuary doors to prevent just such an incident...he simply would have been denied entry until things were figured out.
We also have "sitting Security" placed about the pews, and patrolling "Guards" everywhere else.
We each have radios w/ear buds & discrete microphones.

A man bursting in & firing shots into our ceiling +/- 3 yrs ago prompted these measures.

I'm one of the "Patrolling Guards".

Aside from allowing the murderer to get into the pews obviously disguised, I don't see anything wrong with the teams actions.

Edit, except the defensive shot should probably have been taken from a one knee down position, so any misses, or pass throughs would go above any members not on the floor......

Just my personal opinion.....YMMV !
2rangers and Bepe like this.

Old 01-01-2020, 20:36   #4

Per the good guy interview he chose to take the shot standing and specifically aimed for the head to minimize risk of collateral damage to parishioners. at the 17 to 18 second mark when the good guy made his shot, there were still three or so people above the top of the pews who were at risk. A knee down position would have put those same parishioners two feet closer to the line of fire. Better cover for the good guy but increased risk of third party injuries. The daughter of the deacon was way in the danger zone hips up.
Rockys Pop and Bepe like this.
Old 01-03-2020, 01:33   #5

Due to the recent Texas shooting, the entire Security Ministry is scheduled for "Active Shooter & General Security" training from a professional training group, funded by our Church.
I'm trained in Urban Warfare, Jungle, and Central Highlands Warfare (back when sweep & clear was search & destroy) so i'll definitely be taking my notebook and videoing if allowed.
Bepe likes this.
Old 02-15-2020, 01:56   #6

Since the Texas shooting i've had over 7 hours of classroom seminar time , toss in the Critical First Aid refresher course and i'm at well over 11 hours .

The security seminars were Level 1 & 2 Facility & " Invisible " security.....weapons retention, State " Shoot / Don't Shoot laws & criteria, Less than Lethal training and Team Security Strategies.

We're nowhere near finished either because our insurance rider requires us all to be certified in LEO level handgun training and accuracy qualification.

It breaks my heart that this is necessary to keep our places of WORSHIP safe from Wolves at the door......but i'm loving all the free new concept training & refreshing of several things i'd been trained in previously.

God needs sheepdogs to protect his flocks.
SMOGGUY likes this.
Old 02-17-2020, 05:14   #7

The enemy strikes where it believes it can win, such as seeking to deny us sanctuary.. Around the time that black communities in NYC protested the presence of Koreans there was a rash of Korean church robberies, and the robberies were occurring on Sundays. Many houses of worship nowadays have a mix of armed and unarmed security
Old 02-17-2020, 05:39   #8

You could set up metal detectors everyone had to pass through, searches of anyone questionable, and doors locked so no one could get in past a certain time, but of course openable from the inside. This is the New America...be prepared.
LousyShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:00   #9

Entry control is already in place....metal detectors aren't practical.....think, airport / court house, and searching people wanting to enter a Church isn't likely to happen either..
and they certainly wouldn't curtail non custodial kidnappings.....or medical emergencies.....or incliment weather alerts, or...or....or....