• 1 Post By Rockys Pop
  • 1 Post By toyhw
  • 2 Post By 2rangers
  • 3 Post By 2rangers
  • 1 Post By curt mini14

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2019, 08:49   #1

Now this is a good shot

LEO takes down an active shooter by firing a shot through an open doorway at what Im guessing is maybe 40-50 foot range. His first shot appears to have been a CNS hit that dropped him like a sack of taters

Note that an armed citizen in the bar also fired at the shooter during the event

Lots can be learned from this video....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD7F...ture=emb_title
Swift Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 18:25   #2

Well done officer.
Rockys Pop likes this.
daddyusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 05:29   #3
Matthew 5:9

THIS is why I regularly practice shooting 5" circular steel plates at 25 yards (75 ft.) with my SHTF 1911.
And at 12.5 yds. (37.5 ft.) with my EDC "GET OFF ME" 1911.........
Marlin 45 carbine likes this.

Old 04-02-2020, 17:37   #4

I'm not wasting precious range time on something that's at least 10x less likely to be needed than a super fast draw and hit at 10ft. I do a lot of precision .177 pellet training at home, tho.
Marlin 45 carbine likes this.
toyhw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 17:54   #5

Location: out in the country..1,327 meters from nearest neighbor
Excellent marksmanship, officer.
toyhw- Train for every conceivable situation.
One thing I can tell you, is that marksmanship is KING. A fast draw is needed, being able to fire from retention is good, but marksmanship matters most importantly.
Your right, range time is precious. That's why I devote a good bit to it, and every time I go there, I go with a goal of some sort in mind.
When the chips are down, and the fight-or-flight response is kicking in, you revert to your lowest level of competency. Make sure your lowest level is above your adversaries'.
Marlin 45 carbine and Bepe like this.
MOA club member
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2rangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 19:52   #6

no, it's not. Most of the time, you never have to fire, and MISSES suffice (a lot) to change minds, too. I've proven that several times in my life. But if you're too slow, you never get to demo your accuracy, cause your gun get shoved ykw, or you get shot first. This stuff happens at 5m and less. Most of it happens at 10 ft and less and a helluva lot of it happens at 6 ft and less. It's not about tight groups, guys.
Old 04-03-2020, 09:40   #7

Location: out in the country..1,327 meters from nearest neighbor
Ok.....
MOA club member
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2rangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 20:09   #8

All you have to do is check the decades of monthly articles about it in the
'armed citizen" column of the American Rifleman, or the FBI's UCR, or the DOJ's annual crime survey. Most attacks are not made with guns and you can't shoot somebody beyond about 10 ft away if they have no projectile weapon. you can DRAW, sure, at 10m or so, or at least, at 20F, but you'd better not actually hit them with bullets beyond about 10 ft. I personally met Dennis Tueller in 1978, and his drill with the knife guy charging from 7 yds means that the average cops draw and hit was 1.5 seconds. it's about the DRAW time and the reaction time. So the shots would actually be fired, (if any were, that is) at arm's length distances. There's cameras and witnesses everywhere. You're not a cop. If a guy is standing there, at 5 yds, and you shoot him, better figure on being in prison for a few years, as well as sued out of every dollar you ever make after that point in your life.
Old 04-07-2020, 20:11   #9

I"ve pointed guns at men half a dozen times in my life and every one of them was 5 yds and less and most were 10 ft and less. Ditto the times when I SHOULD have done so, but was unarmed and the times I almost made a concealed draw, but things had not quite deteriorated to that point. or I'd already hit the dude with something else. Those occasions total another dozen times.
Old 04-13-2020, 08:36   #10

boy you must be the king richard to have pull your gun on half a dozen folks.how old are you im guessing 15.you sure talk a lot of shiet in the posts i saw.do you know dip stick?
2rangers likes this.
curt mini14 is offline   Reply With Quote