Suppressor Waiting Times - Shooting Sports Forum

Handgun Misc All handguns that don't fit elsewhere!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SMOGGUY
  • 1 Post By TommyCollins

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2020, 07:39   #1
Banned

Suppressor Waiting Times

I hope this is the correct subforum. I've been waiting for the ATF to approve a suppressor stamp for me and my pistol for 17 months. I called the ATF in West Virginia again, last week, and was told my application was approved. This was my first attempt at getting a suppressor and I had a competent dealer do the paperwork with me. Is nearly a year and a half of waiting any sort of normal for the ATF, or did they pick on me because I'm not handsome enough? Oh was told it takes about 25 days for the stamp to reach my dealer after approval. I doubt I'll buy another suppressor with this sort of nonsense.
TommyCollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 05:52   #2
Banned

It just gets worse. Stopped by my dealer yesterday to say hello (he's had short hours during the pandemic) and he told me the ATF was taking about 45 days to send out the tax stamps after approval. Forty five days? What is there, one guy handling the paperwork at the ATF?
Old 08-17-2020, 09:17   #3
Banned

Aha! My gunshop dealer called yesterday, Sunday, and said my tax stamp arrived in Saturday afternoon's mail, and that I should come by and pick up the stamp and suppressor, because he was going on vacation for a couple of weeks. So, I drove out there and got the puppy and paperwork. Just tried it out on my pistol and on a carbine, and it certainly takes the bang out of the bang.

Old 08-17-2020, 11:44   #4
AKA CRABBY

Originally Posted by TommyCollins View Post
Aha! My gunshop dealer called yesterday, Sunday, and said my tax stamp arrived in Saturday afternoon's mail, and that I should come by and pick up the stamp and suppressor, because he was going on vacation for a couple of weeks. So, I drove out there and got the puppy and paperwork. Just tried it out on my pistol and on a carbine, and it certainly takes the bang out of the bang.
Kind of the same effect you have on people wherever you go...
Sparkie likes this.
SMOGGUY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 13:34   #5
Banned

There's really something wrong with you, Smogg. Get some professional help.
SMOGGUY likes this.
Old 08-26-2020, 09:34   #6

Glad it arrived!
Alaskan Ballistics is offline   Reply With Quote