IMI retention roto holster? - Shooting Sports Forum

Handgun Misc All handguns that don't fit elsewhere!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hottarod

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2018, 16:11   #1

IMI retention roto holster?

People tend to say good things about it so I ordered one for my CZ75 sp01.

The other polymer holster I had for my other 9 had a tendency to take the finish off the trigger guard where it locked in. This holster has a retention button so maybe it will go easier on the finish.

Looks just like this;

it does ride a little high but the roto function may handle some of that if it feels too high(haven't got it yet to try)

A hex head bolt locks the holster to the paddle but you can loosen that and rotate the holster for which ever angle you prefer or if you are going to carry with a cross over draw.

It can also be put on IMI's drop leg set up which is intriguing.

Can also get a matching dual mag holder;
HB of CJ likes this.
hottarod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 11:12   #2

Very Nice ...

Do they make a LH version?
HB of CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 18:32   #3

Left and right hand. Since it is a hard injection molded polymer, it has to be made gun model specific and it looks like they covered the main stream but there are likely some guns that they don't make one to fit.

Mine came in but I haven't gotten to the range to try it yet. I do like a particular feature that they put on the paddle. It has 2 fairly significant notches on the inside to help make sure the holster says on and slotted on your belt if you are wearing a belt. It would be very difficult for somebody to just grab it and yank it off. I have to work at mine a bit to get it off myself.

The retention button is not all that holds the gun. There is enough tension just on the gun's slide inside the holster that it won't fall off the gun if you push the retention button(not wearing the holster).

There is a little magic button push/gun pull timing thing but its not hard to work out.

I think I will get one for my 1911 also.
hottarod is offline   Reply With Quote