Well I went and did it - Shooting Sports Forum

Handgun Misc All handguns that don't fit elsewhere!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2017, 12:52   #1

Well I went and did it

I kept watching the price on that CZ 75 drop and they finally did a memorial day sale. I discussed it with my local gun club gun shop and they agreed they wouldn't be able to match the deal and I got free shipping.

Not to be a sales ad but if you would like to get a CZ 75 sp01 tactical 9 mil 18+1, all steel, hammer forged barrel, night sights with an ambi decocker and for less than $600, you might want to check out deguns.net. They would certainly appreciate the business and they have like 40 or so of these guns in stock. I will try to remember and write a bit of a review after I get mine out to the range. However, I have read dozens of best 9 mil gun review and the CZ is like always in the top 3 or 4 on the list with the Sig which costs about a grand. This looks like a hidden best gun deal thing or something. Everybody that has one that has reviewed it or professional gun reviewers love it too. I hope I love it. Might marry the thing, LOL.
hottarod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 13:28   #2

Location: out in the country..1,327 meters from nearest neighbor
Can the decocker be converted to a manual safety?
MOA club member
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2rangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 14:54   #3

I believe it can but I would have to check with Cajun gun works or somebody to know for sure. I just think or thought I have read that somewhere or other. Also, the same model gun but not tactical has the safety on it.

Old 05-31-2017, 19:09   #4

Location: out in the country..1,327 meters from nearest neighbor
I'm just used to a manual safety. Glocks give me the willies........
MOA club member
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2rangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 09:42   #5

In the early 90's I had a CZ clone. It was an excellent pistol. Having the real things has to be an even greater experience.
dh1633pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 16:18   #6

I just picked it up at lunch time. The trigger pull out of the box is crisp and smooth, around 4 or 4 1/2 pounds which will relax a bit over time. This gun is not for everybody. It is a hand full but I have somewhat large mechanic hands so its great for me. Everybody at the gun shop had to see it including the owners wife, son, father in law, manager and a few other people that were in there. Owners wife said that it was heavy, LOL. 24 oz dry + 18 rounds in the mag, relatively heavy I guess but all steel except for the dang guide rod.

I brought it home to clean all the manufacturing/shipping oil out and prep it for some action at the range hopefully tomorrow. It has by far the nicest gun case that I have personally ever seen. It came with a stiff bristle nylon brush, a patch rod, 2 18 round mags. It does remind me a lot of both my 1911 and my 92 so it already feels at home in my hands. I will see how the night sights work tonight but I can't shoot it out my back yard unfortunately.

The only thing that I don't like is it has a plastic guide rod. I can get a polished stainless guide rod for $22.00 so probably will but I am not sure if it is really needed or not. The stock grips are rubber so maybe new grips some day(plenty of choices) or maybe these will be just fine.

The design of this gun is really interesting. It has some features reminiscent of the 1911 like the take down lever that comes out the right side and threads through an eyelet on the barrel. It has the lugs on the slide and barrel like the 1911 but a built in barrel bushing in the end of the barrel though. The guide rod, recoil spring and how they fit is like the 92. It feels more like the 92 in your hand. The most unique aspect is the receiver design which was narrowed to reduce recoil. The mags go right in too without the new gun stiffness syndrome they often have.

Excited to get it out and see how it runs. I think I am going to really have a hard time now choosing my favorite gun between the Remington R1 enhanced 45 and my new CZ 75.
Old 06-04-2017, 14:49   #7

I got my new CZ 75 out to the range for an initial shoot. I'm very happy with my decision to get this gun. The trigger pull is light enough that I will never need to consider having a trigger job done on it. It is also very accurate, cycles smoothly and actually felt like an already broken in action on the first magazine.

It shoots high at 15 yards using a center mass hold which is where I was testing it at. This is a documented observation of these guns apparently so next time out I need to try a 6 oclock hold and see how far out that works. It was around 3 or 4 inches high at 15 but obviously that may vary a bit depending on the ammo. I did notice that the factory test sheet was a 5 shot group at 25 meters. On a lot of guns if they hit at 7 or 10 yards they will call it good but not these people, LOL.