Help find my MK II target s/n listed - Shooting Sports Forum

Handgun Misc All handguns that don't fit elsewhere!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gwtx

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2015, 19:40   #1

Help find my MK II target s/n listed

I have a MK II target that I've had for about 20+ yrs. and I can't find my manual. The Ruger site has a manual for the MK II's but while looking at their S/N listings, I noticed the lowest s/n "prefix" is 211-xxxxx. My pistol S/N is 210-728xx. I can call Ruger I guess, but I thought I might find more info here.
Any help/comments would be appreciated. Gary
gwtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 09:51   #2
Forum Vendor

manuals/mark II

Not sure if this is the same manual you already checked out; didn't see any Serial Number listings in it.
301 W Deer Valley Rd, Suite #6
Phoenix, AZ 85027
623-434-8372

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Viper 1-26 INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 16:06   #3

Originally Posted by Viper 1-26 INF View Post
manuals/mark II

Not sure if this is the same manual you already checked out; didn't see any Serial Number listings in it.
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I found that one, and it will suffice for now, but my curiosity was tweaked by the fact that my s/n was not listed on the "history" page, or anywhere I 've looked so far. Strange. My MK II target is a fine shooter, just "relocated" another pesky armadillo with it this morning.
Thanks again, I'll post if I find out what's going on with the s/n's.
Viper 1-26 INF likes this.
gwtx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-23-2017, 12:43   #4

Originally Posted by gwtx View Post
I have a MK II target that I've had for about 20+ yrs. and I can't find my manual. The Ruger site has a manual for the MK II's but while looking at their S/N listings, I noticed the lowest s/n "prefix" is 211-xxxxx. My pistol S/N is 210-728xx. I can call Ruger I guess, but I thought I might find more info here.
Any help/comments would be appreciated. Gary
I know this is a bit late, but I'm NEW here and I have some info for you. Your pistol is the Ruger Mark II Government version, but not roll-stamped with the U.S. designation. The civilian versions look just like this one, except for the grip panels:

SGWGunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote