• 1 Post By Phish
  • 1 Post By MOTOROLANUT
  • 2 Post By ammodotcom

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2017, 18:51   #1
Administrator

Should lead ammunition be phased out?

We have two articles:

One supports phasing out lead, the other says lead should not be phased out.

Let's Phase Out Lead Ammunition - AllOutdoor.com

Counterpoint: Let's NOT Phase Out Lead Ammunition - AllOutdoor.com

Please read the two articles, they are short reads, and share your opinion on the topic.

We all know lead is a public health hazard. Would it better to phase lead out, or keep using it?
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 05:14   #2

No only no, but heck no.
dh1633pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 08:13   #3

without more specific info and facts I'm doubtful of the assessment Bio Med Central postulates. Indoor ranges with faulty vent systems may well constitute a minor hazard as most all of us that have fired handloads using cast slugs for our pistols/revolvers have witnessed a vapor exiting the muzzle when a round is fired, this is lubricant, powder residue and yes, slight amount of lead. many ammo makers advice the shooter to wash their hands after extensive handling of ammunition with exposed lead, including .22 rimfire.
I'll have to say that common sense dictates precautions when/after shooting.

Old 05-15-2017, 09:06   #4

W>T>H what will we be able to shoot out of are front stuffers.ill tell you what you quit using lead and let the rest of us make up are own mind.folks have been using lead since we have been around looks like we have done allright so far.its only you bleeding heart libs who need your butt kicked and common sense beat into you.butthole
curt mini14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 06:52   #5

No
pat701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 10:52   #6

I'd have to get more educated on how lead in chunk form leaches out into the ground, water, etc. I've left many lead sinkers in waterways, lakes, and even oceans in my lifetime. Never thought about it. I would only give credence to an analysis by non bias sources though. Lots of metals out there to use, hate to see prices go through the roof due to knee jerk legislation to appease environmental groups.
Old 07-16-2017, 14:33   #7

Originally Posted by curt mini14 View Post
W>T>H what will we be able to shoot out of are front stuffers.ill tell you what you quit using lead and let the rest of us make up are own mind.folks have been using lead since we have been around looks like we have done allright so far.its only you bleeding heart libs who need your butt kicked and common sense beat into you. butthole
if you don't start telling it like it is I'm going to beat the tar out of you.
2rangers and curt mini14 like this.
Old 01-05-2018, 16:41   #8

Hundreds Of Empirical Scientific Studies? ...

Empirical meaning well done and confirmed by extensive scientific experimentation. I for one kinda doubt there is any good data base suggesting or confirming ANY situation with lead. This would cut both ways. A bad hazard or none at all. Or somewhere in between. It is quite possible nobody knows for sure at this time?

But, that being said, there are still parts of WW1 Belgium and France that are considered toxic and dangerous to be in. Does lead inter into it? I dunno. But, it all falls on the face of it. We still have the Second Amendment. Alleged lead pollution might be along side Man Caused Increased C02 levels causing global warming.
HB of CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 03:18   #9

Did not read either article but have studied this from other sources. My take is yes and no, no for range work yes for hunting game you are going to feed your children. Minnesota DNR did a study and posted the results on-line showing x-rays of carcasses of animals shot with lead bullets. The x-rays showed a large area where lead from the wound migrated. For me it's not a problem cause I'am an old guy and have been eating the stuff for years. But I started using monolithic for any game meat the grand and great grand kids get. The Minn study was on the Minn U site or DNR site can't remember which. I will post the x-rays if I have them.. Later...
Sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 04:16   #10
Banned

It's been known that Garlic will take lead out of system. I am not concerned about it plus it's all Liberal Lunatic propaganda.

The real thing is other wildlife suffers from it but I haven't seen it yet but you might as well go ban fishing while you at it Too! But be forewarned though they can go to Hell since I will never give up my fishing without hook, sinker and line.
The moral of it all is Don't become a submissive twat to these Liberal Loons cause after all they want to ban everything on their damned snowflake feelings!
BWM likes this.
Phish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 14:50   #11
Gunslinger

I live in the Condor Range. Too bad, NO!
BWM likes this.
HopalongCassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 03:18   #12

I shoot the Hornady 120 gmx out of my Savage 6.5 Creedmoor and it's an awesome bullet, best shot is a neck shot at 340 yards on a Doe. She went down like a dropped sack of potatoes. But they are expensive and I don't take kindly to the Govt telling me that lead bullets are going to be discontinued for any reason. Lead bullets have been taking game and being used for protection for hundreds of years. So my answer is definitely NO.
BWM likes this.
DEER HUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 17:19   #13

Should lead ammo be phased out?

No-no-no-no-no...

Grumpy
BWM likes this.
grumpy_old_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 04:03   #14
Banned

Again........Hell no!! Because then you won't be able drive a vehicle without it plus there is not enough precious materials to make the newer leadfree style batteries for the world as we will soon run out but there is plenty of lead and its cheaper!!
BWM likes this.
Old 02-28-2018, 04:04   #15
Banned

Originally Posted by HopalongCassidy View Post
I live in the Condor Range. Too bad, NO!
Them illegals will take of them before lead as any chance of poison them! What crock of propaganda BS started up by whiney assed liberals.
BWM likes this.
Old 03-04-2018, 06:28   #16

Originally Posted by Phish View Post
Again........Hell no!! Because then you won't be able drive a vehicle without it plus there is not enough precious materials to make the newer leadfree style batteries for the world as we will soon run out but there is plenty of lead and its cheaper!!
Agreed, not a damn thing wrong with lead ammunition. Its all a scam to make money by corporations trying to pass these laws.
BWM likes this.
MOTOROLANUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 00:22   #17

One way I can see it being a real problem is at outdoor ranges and the runoff from concentrated lead in the ground after years of lead accumulating. Another one is exposure from indoor ranges witch mostly negate environmental effects because they collect and sell the lead. Hunting is a non-issue. Unless you use a minigun or something. So no don't ban lead but if you can collect it and recycle it great.

Instead of worrying about something that isn't a real issue we should talk about a real lead pollution source. Aviation fuel for piston engine aircraft still has loads of lead in it. Every piston engine aircraft still sprays lead everywhere. I can't post links yet or I'd link some stuff. Just Google "lead still in aviation fuel". The second result will be an FAA "facts sheet".

We all run around with huge chunks of lead every day. Automotive batteries are full of it. All kinds of electronics use lead and are huge sources of lead exposure and contamination. I can go on, you get the point.

My point is that banning lead bullets is anti-gun as many are saying. Ammunition is only a drop in the bucket.
xitywampas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 08:45   #18
BWM

It is the people that hate us the GUN people. They think if the lead is gone so will be the guns. People has drank water out of lead pipes for years and they are still leaving so to heck with the GUN hatting people That is the DMC party!!!!
Old 03-25-2018, 09:51   #19

No. Lead is good.
snglstack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 12:32   #20
Ammo.com

I feel like the people pushing for a lead bullet ban might have an ulterior motive ... like making ammunition so prohibitively expensive that only very wealthy people could build up a decent reserve.
Rockys Pop and SMOGGUY like this.
ammodotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 15:43   #21
AKA CRABBY

That is an understatement of the year ammo.
Here in commie land calif. its sky high an finicky to boot,gotta relearn to shoot with some weapons,so whatever you people do or think about this lead free crap just remember this IT SUCKS end of story....
SMOGGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 03:32   #22
BWM

Heck NO B H O shut down the last lead mine in the USA if we need more lead it might open up the mine and put people back to work there is no prof that lead has killed fish or birds it is the tree huger that has made all the fuss about it !!!