Welcome! - Shooting Sports Forum

Great West Gunsmithing GunDoc can fix up your Mini-14 like no other...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2003, 07:21   #1
Super Vendor

Welcome to the vendor forum and Great West Gunsmithing! I have a gunsmithing shop in Roundup, Montana where I work on most makes and models of guns. I have an FFL so you can ship guns to me for service, and I will handle transfers and special orders at a discount for members of Perfect Union. You are welcome to post questions and requests, but specific prices or services will be answered by personal message or email. I look forward to being of service to you!

John Baker

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(with videos)

gundoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 20:46   #2

"Welcome Aboard John" ...

Six from Whamo-Camo
SixTGunr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 20:57   #3
Super Vendor

Thanks SixTGunr! I am expanding my business and hope this will prove fruitful for me and my friends at Perfect Union.

John

.com

(with videos)

Old 10-16-2003, 14:32   #4

Shoot me a banner or logo of yours and I will add it with a link to your site on my websites links page.

Email: [email protected]

Glad to have ya on board here.

Six
SixTGunr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 11:37   #5

Sounds great to have someone on the ready in case one of my toy's tear up.

BTW is questions and advice free and will it be answered here?

Best Wishes to ya!!

"Toujours Pret"
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 14:12   #6
Super Vendor

You betcha! It's not always easy to diagnose a problem or give advice without the gun in hand, but I will do my best!

.com

(with videos)

Old 12-19-2003, 22:49   #7

What kind of work do you do, Doc? Only on specific firearms, or just firearms in general?
dave1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 08:52   #8
Super Vendor

Things have really exploded around here business wise, so my web page is still under construction. I do most general gun work, except rebarreling. My insurance agent goes into cardiac arrest everytime I mention barrels or ammunition. That said, I do trigger jobs, cowboy action jobs, general repairs on new or old guns, clean up and fix fire or flood damage, etc. I have some new services coming out next year to provide Duracoat finishes and maybe some bluing. I also do repairs to fishing reels, paintball guns and airguns, as well as a little bit of archery work. Once you're set up for gunsmithing the rest just fits in and I like to say that I can keep all of your seasons running smoothly. If you have a particular project in mind I will be happy to discuss it with you at length by email or phone. Things are going to slow down now that hunting season is officially over in Montana and I'm always looking for something to do during the off season. Thanks for coming by!

Doc

.com

(with videos)

Old 12-24-2003, 14:25   #9

Have you ever heard of a Mississippi Valley Arms shotgun? Double barrel sixteen.

Old 12-24-2003, 17:10   #10
Super Vendor

Nope. But then again there are probably plenty of guns that I have never heard of. Sorry.......

.com

(with videos)

Old 12-26-2003, 16:14   #11

I started to throw this in else where but found your page. I normally try to fix guns myself, (you know, have dremell tool, will travel) but am looking for a mini14 stock to put a trap door in like the m16 or m14. have you ever done this or have any ideas. really no big deal but it would be nice to have a compartment once in a while on the gun-thanks
pdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 16:58   #12
Super Vendor

I have never done this, but I am pretty sure that I saw someone who had in the gallery section. It seems like they took an AR15 buttplate and epoxied it on something. I suppose that I could come up with something, but you sound like a capable and competent person that could do the same for less money. Since the mini has no mechanisms in the butt stock, I would find a trapdoor from Cheaper Than Dirt or someone, and then take a synthetic stock (or hollow out the appropriate space on a wooden one) and use a Dremel bit to cut out what I needed to fit the new part in. I would then use Accraglass and any screws that I could get in it to fasten it. Lastly I would mask it off and hit it with some Alumahyde or epoxy paint to make the new buttplate look uniform. Good luck!!

.com

(with videos)

Old 01-18-2004, 09:36   #13

I've done it and it was easy and fairly quick (a couple hours) look at Bigugly's mini in the gallery, I told how I did it on my Hogue stock

Glad to see ya Gundoc, I heard GREAT things about your trigger job !!

There are only two things stopping you, common sense and fear!

BigUglyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 08:29   #14

Your web page link ain't working! LOL

Is it under repair??
280man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 12:51   #15

I have a Ruger Mini-Thirty SN# 189-xxxxx

I have heard that taking an inch or so off of the '14's barrel improves accuracy. will it do the same for the '30?

if so, what do you run for shortening and recrowning (11 deg) and/or threading 28tpi for installation of common muzzlebrakes?

thanks for your time: glad to see your biz is going so well
JamesP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 14:51   #16

Originally Posted by gundoc View Post
Welcome to the vendor forum and Great West Gunsmithing! I have a gunsmithing shop in Roundup, Montana where I work on most makes and models of guns. I have an FFL so you can ship guns to me for service, and I will handle transfers and special orders at a discount for members of Perfect Union. You are welcome to post questions and requests, but specific prices or services will be answered by personal message or email. I look forward to being of service to you!

John Baker
Do you have your Duracoating part of the Biz up & running yet? Looking for someone to duplicate this Camo job onto my Maadi. Drop me a line with pricing if interested.
Attached Thumbnails
Welcome!-russian-camo.jpg   Welcome!-maadi.jpg  
itboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 14:52   #17

Originally Posted by gundoc View Post

John Baker
gundoc - I'm new to the mini-14 and even newer to PerfectUnion. I keep seeing references to a "trigger job" on mini's. What does a "trigger job" do for me? Thanks. Hope you and yours have a very happy and prosperous. New Year.

Les
COBRADOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 22:48   #18

Gundoc, I sent you an email about my Ruger .44 Carbine.