******* uses AK-47 in Miami shooting - Shooting Sports Forum

General Chit Chat No politics or religion in this section!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2009, 18:00   #1

******* uses AK-47 in Miami shooting

This **** right here isn't going to help us keep our firearms.
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/01/24/...ing/index.html
I see a new "Assault Weapons Ban" around the corner.
We are ****ed for sure.

Last edited by treedawg; 01-24-2009 at 19:36. Reason: profanity in header
Brown Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 19:01   #2

Originally Posted by Brown Rock View Post
This **** right here isn't going to help us keep our firearms.
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/01/24/...ing/index.html
I see a new "Assault Weapons Ban" around the corner.
We are ****ed for sure.
It's a slow news day, othewise this wouldn't have even made a blip on the MSM radar. Case in point - during all the hoop-la of Obamasiah's Corination there was another gruesome murder at Virginia Tech Univ. Some Chineese chick got her head chopped off by another Chineese student. How much did you hear you hear about it on the MSM?

I don't know what kind of slums you have in San Diego, but the Liberty City area of Miami makes some of Africa's worst areas seem like a vacatation paradice. There are only two types of employment in Liberty City - drugs and whores. Daily shootouts are normal there - only difference, this time someone supposedly used an automatic weapon, presumably an AK.

JUst another day in paradice.

NRA
Vietnam '68-'69 / '71-'72
Disabled American Veterans
Vietnam Veterans of America
Vietnam Helicopter Pilots Association
U.S. Army (Ret.)

Last edited by COBRADOC; 01-24-2009 at 19:05.
COBRADOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 19:31   #3

This country needs birth control laws, not gun control laws.
e80hydro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-24-2009, 19:39   #4

Originally Posted by e80hydro View Post

My new sig line

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BlenderWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:33   #5

[QUOTE=COBRADOC;512722]It's a slow news day, othewise this wouldn't have even made a blip on the MSM radar. Case in point - during all the hoop-la of Obamasiah's Corination there was another gruesome murder at Virginia Tech Univ. Some Chineese chick got her head chopped off by another Chineese student. How much did you hear you hear about it on the MSM?

The story about the girl being murdered at VT this week was on all the major national news outlets I read online - for a day. The Miami incident, in my opinion, is receiving a tremendous amount of attention. SLOW NEWS DAY? Let's see, USA is involved in two wars, Israel just pulled out of Gaza this week, new president sworn in this week trying to figure out how to prop up economy by printing another $825 billion... nope, they got plenty to talk about if they want to, they are choosing to talk about this story. Local news radio today has been playing audio of the Miami police chief saying that Washington has to do something about folks being about to obtain "assault weapons."

No, not a slow news day, MSM is going to use every story about an ******* with a high-cap mag/semi-auto/black rifle to help push through AWB II.

My .02.
apex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:53   #6
American realist

it said they were high school kids rollin' bones on a streetcorner. illegal gambling?? it was probably the guy who had just lost his money in the game. underage kids gambling on the streets at night. where were their parents?? i think there are enough other issues here to be outraged over besides the "evil assault rifle". pull the ak-47 out of the equation & insert a baseball bat (which could do just as much damage) & it wouldn't hardly make the back page of section c in the paper. liberal media sucks....

The liberals have asked us to give Obama time. 25 to life seems
appropriate!!
Leadpoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 06:35   #7

They have not picture of the rifle used, any street shooting will involve an AK 47 these days. They could have been all unarmed and shot with a pistol....wild news stories, but like Cobradoc said, business as usual for the big cities.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:32   #8

Up here in the sewer's of New Jersey, where we have some of the strictest handgun laws, the the gun of choice is the shiney 9. Always a drug deal gone bad, or a "turf war", and the next day one of the victims mothers, AKA "the baby factory", is in the news clutching a photo of her son when he was 3 years old, blaming the police for not stopping gun violence. These are usually the same peple that can be found at a "candle light anti police brutality vigil" the week before.
Old 01-25-2009, 14:12   #9

It sickens me really that the mayor of Miami and the police chief slam a particular instrument/firearm was used in a crime saying "it's a weapon of war and doesn't belong on our streets". I could load a shot gun with 8 rnds of OO buck (ea. rnd contains 9 or 12 .32 cal size projectiles) shoot it and leave only 8 empty shells on the grnd. forgetting that 96 .32 cal size rnds went down range. You wouldn't see as many little yellow markers for the visual effect though (sorry cnn).

How about a statistic of how many legally owned AK's there are throughout the US and how many are actually used in a crime by legal owner's? You won't see that statistic but only the one put out by the Miami police department helping their agenda.

NRA save us because they're widdling away our right to bear arms in a passive way to avoid a revolt. A law in your town and a ban in my town, then a nationwide ban-here a law there a law before ya know it TYRANNY!

PS How bout banning swimming pools? I'll bet there were more babies killed in them in the past year than young adults with AK's in inner cities...

Last edited by Metalhead; 01-25-2009 at 14:16.
Metalhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 17:37   #10

Originally Posted by apex1 View Post
The story about the girl being murdered at VT this week was on all the major national news outlets I read online - for a day. The Miami incident, in my opinion, is receiving a tremendous amount of attention. SLOW NEWS DAY? Let's see, USA is involved in two wars, Israel just pulled out of Gaza this week, new president sworn in this week trying to figure out how to prop up economy by printing another $825 billion... nope, they got plenty to talk about if they want to, they are choosing to talk about this story. Local news radio today has been playing audio of the Miami police chief saying that Washington has to do something about folks being about to obtain "assault weapons."

No, not a slow news day, MSM is going to use every story about an ******* with a high-cap mag/semi-auto/black rifle to help push through AWB II.

My .02.
Yes, the story made the rounds on the internet. It even appeared burried somewhere in our local rag, but see any of the news items that you mentioned? Not on your life - mention of such things would not glorify our Obamasiah.

Originally Posted by Leadpoison View Post
it said they were high school kids rollin' bones on a streetcorner. illegal gambling?? it was probably the guy who had just lost his money in the game. underage kids gambling on the streets at night. where were their parents?? i think there are enough other issues here to be outraged over besides the "evil assault rifle". pull the ak-47 out of the equation & insert a baseball bat (which could do just as much damage) & it wouldn't hardly make the back page of section c in the paper. liberal media sucks....
Parents (plural) you ask? You've got to be kidding. Most of these kids don't even know who their mother is, and damn few of the women have any idea as to who actually fathered the child.

NRA
Vietnam '68-'69 / '71-'72
Disabled American Veterans
Vietnam Veterans of America
Vietnam Helicopter Pilots Association
U.S. Army (Ret.)

Last edited by COBRADOC; 01-25-2009 at 17:45.
COBRADOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 18:33   #11

Originally Posted by COBRADOC View Post
Parents (plural) you ask? You've got to be kidding. Most of these kids don't even know who their mother is, and damn few of the women have any idea as to who actually fathered the child.
Hence

Originally Posted by e80hydro View Post

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BlenderWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 18:57   #12

Another thread swirls down the "blame the born-out-of-wedlock blacks'" drain.
freesw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 19:00   #13

Originally Posted by freesw View Post
C'mon, free, could be Cubano gangstas, too!
Old 01-26-2009, 15:41   #14

It sickens me really that the mayor of Miami and the police chief slam a particular instrument/firearm was used in a crime saying "it's a weapon of war and doesn't belong on our streets".
Get used to this terminology. It's a crib from Obama's website, supporting reintroduction of the AWB, saying something like: "these weapons belong on foreign battlefields, not on the streets of America."

Of course, he means to keep them out of our homes as well. At least the homes of the the law abiding. The bad guys will continue to get theirs off the black market.

Last edited by Joe Garibaldi; 01-26-2009 at 16:46.
Joe Garibaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 16:07   #15

If it walks like a duck......
Attached Images

Old 01-26-2009, 20:27   #16
DocWagon

I'll back up the chain one ring and blame the welfare nation politicians who destroyed the minority family by replacing the father with a government check and eliminating both the social and financial consequences of having kids you can't support.

Not the kids' fault, but it sure isn't a faultless situation that just happened out of the clear blue yonder.
Old 01-27-2009, 14:30   #17

FreeSW:

I've only re-skimmed the article and the thread, but I've also run several word searches within the thread, so correct me if I'm wrong, but . . .

. . . yours is the first mention of Blacks, African-Americans, or even race of any sort, anywhere on this topic. Do you know something I don't? If so, please clue me in.

If I missed what spurred your comment, please point it out and I'll apologize for missing it.

Otherwise, where did you come up with the racial reference?
Joe Garibaldi is offline   Reply With Quote