submit warranty request to GERBER?? good luck !!! - Shooting Sports Forum

General Chit Chat No politics or religion in this section!

Like Tree18Likes
  • 2 Post By Rockys Pop
  • 3 Post By Timberdog
  • 1 Post By RJF
  • 5 Post By Rockys Pop
  • 2 Post By ammodotcom
  • 5 Post By Rockys Pop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2020, 02:06   #1
Honor our Constitution !

submit warranty request to GERBER?? good luck !!!

Phuck Gerber i'll never buy from them again !

their warranty (sheath) repair page is an absolute joke and blanks out with every step they require you to take.

calling them tomorrow to make them honor their warranty
Attached Thumbnails
submit warranty request to GERBER?? good luck !!!-20200613_034022.jpg   submit warranty request to GERBER?? good luck !!!-20200613_034112.jpg   submit warranty request to GERBER?? good luck !!!-20200613_033853.jpg   submit warranty request to GERBER?? good luck !!!-20200613_033942.jpg  
Sparkie and ammodotcom like this.
Old 06-14-2020, 05:53   #2

Gerber used to make good stuff. I have a brush axe and the sheath fell apart on it. The metal on the blade is very soft and has bent and cracked on the cutting edge. I have used it a bit but am disappointed with the quality. I guess they went cheap and will be buying another brand in the future.
Timberdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 12:37   #3
RJF

But they make great baby food!
Sparkie likes this.
RJF is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 06-14-2020, 23:09   #4
Honor our Constitution !

OK.....I repaired the damned scabbard myself .

The tool its self is indestructible & VERY sentimental.......I bought it the 1st year they hit the shelves, carried it a few years, then gave it to my Son to carry during Scouting, which he did....all the way through Eagle Scout & into Police Explorer Scouts.

When his car went off the bridge & he died in the creek below it, the wrecker had to lift it vertically for retrieval and all the contents spilled out the broken back window.

Dredging the creek by hand for his personal items a few days later, the 1st thing I felt was the scabbard to his Uni-Tool and my heart broke as I KNEW what it was w/o even seeing it.
I took it (and a bucket of other stuff) home.....cleaned & dried it......and have carried it almost daily since........in memory of Nick.
Old 06-15-2020, 16:40   #5
Ammo.com

I'm sorry for your loss. After my grandfather passed away I was gifted his Ka-Bar he had in Korea. Some things are just irreplaceable. I'd sell a leg before I let that thing go.
Rockys Pop and Turkeestalker like this.
ammodotcom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 23:40   #6
Honor our Constitution !

Since Gerber didn't want to co-operate....my Blessed Sweet Wife snuck and had me a new scabbard made for it by a Church Brother that does some REALLY BANG UP leather work !!

All his work is done in his shop, hand stained and sealed with bees wax before buffing.....ANYBODY that needs a new sheath for anything from a snuff can to a flashlight to a multi tool, knife, or handgun......please contact me as he is really good and really reasonable.

Edit.....all his work is lifetime guaranteed btw !
Attached Thumbnails
submit warranty request to GERBER?? good luck !!!-20200720_011222.jpg   submit warranty request to GERBER?? good luck !!!-20200720_011245.jpg   submit warranty request to GERBER?? good luck !!!-20200720_011259.jpg  
Old 07-20-2020, 02:32   #7
Suck it Leftists!

Originally Posted by Rockys Pop View Post
Since Gerber didn't want to co-operate....my Blessed Sweet Wife snuck and had me a new scabbard made for it by a Church Brother that does some REALLY BANG UP leather work !!

All his work is done in his shop, hand stained and sealed with bees wax before buffing.....ANYBODY that needs a new sheath for anything from a snuff can to a flashlight to a multi tool, knife, or handgun......please contact me as he is really good and really reasonable.

Edit.....all his work is lifetime guaranteed btw !
Could double as a small magazine pouch!
Old 07-20-2020, 12:25   #8
Honor our Constitution !

Originally Posted by GAMEOVER View Post
Could double as a small magazine pouch!
He makes mag pouches too......
Wife just reminded me his handgun holsters are friction fit their dimensions are so true !
Old 07-25-2020, 14:47   #9

I still have my original finger pinching Gerber Multi Tool from like '93, works great except for the finger pinching part. Sheath? It was gone a long time ago. I purchased a little tool kit that went on the square phillips bit with small screwdrivers and such, the case wiped out long ago. It now resides in a MOLLE pouch on my gear.