Spent the day w/my In-Laws........ - Shooting Sports Forum

General Chit Chat No politics or religion in this section!

Like Tree44Likes
  • 8 Post By Rockys Pop
  • 1 Post By LousyShot
  • 5 Post By spacewolf223
  • 5 Post By Parnelli
  • 3 Post By GAMEOVER
  • 2 Post By Rockys Pop
  • 5 Post By dh1633pm
  • 2 Post By RJF
  • 3 Post By Momo
  • 2 Post By Rockys Pop
  • 4 Post By chill1955
  • 1 Post By dh1633pm
  • 1 Post By RJF
  • 1 Post By Parnelli
  • 1 Post By GAMEOVER

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2020, 01:21   #1
Honor our Constitution !

Spent the day w/my In-Laws........

Got up at 03:30 to get things ready for the 135 mile ride to their county.
Got my Wife up @ 05:00 and went (on the Geezer Glide) and got our breakfast......had a pleasant meal, loaded up the car & headed out.

Arrived at their little "Church in the woods" with ample time left over....visited a few minutes Paw in Law introduced me around to the few that didn't already know me as "This is my Wifes Son in Law" , but I shrugged it off and played nice.....and had a nice little country Sunday Service with the 15 congregants in a building finished in 1882....closest building in either direction is 3/4 miles away.

Got to their house afterwards & Paw in Law finished cooking a GREAT "Sunday Spread" and we ate like we'd never seen food before.
Wifes Sis in Law & 14 yr old Niece came over ( Wifes Brother refuses to visit his parents) and we all talked and were having a nice visit.......
THEN
For no reason whatsoever P.I.L. starts harassing me about how I "NEED" to shoot my dogs, because 4 is too many (according to him).
I simply replied that i'm not an animal abuser, and unlike many I can AFFORD to keep 4 dogs healthy and happy to help keep unwanted people off my property.
THEN my wife made the mistake of telling "the ladies" about my recent eye injury at work ( I was faking a nap in the L/R chair, to avoid making more conversation at this point)...and I hear her Sis in Law giggling that "well, at least he didn't hurt "HIMSELF" again.....(referencing a penis injury I incurred 34 yrs ago) which had ALL the ladies giggling like hens........
to which I replied w/o opening an eye that if they kept giggling i'd get up and show them my scar.........
after a few gasps my S.I.L. says shakily......"he has a SCAR?" and my Wife says, yeah, the size of a thumbnail.....then I chime in, w/both eyes still closed....."right on the head....here, i'll show y'all" and start stirring to get up.

After much embarrassed panic on "the ladies" part, I sat back down & smiled, contented that they really didn't desire a public viewing after all......

On our way home this evening......my Wife told me that she'd told her family before we left that if they kept insisting on harassing me, we'd have to stop coming to visit....and told her Dad that I have taken his crap for all these years only because she's asked me several times not to body slam him in his own house....and that he REALLY doesn't want to trigger me, but he's getting dangerously close to starting something he hasn't a hope of finishing.

How such a great woman can come from such damaged stock is beyond me.................
2rangers, Momo, Parnelli and 5 others like this.
Old 05-25-2020, 05:09   #2
Banned

Well, at least they didn't tell you they were planning to vote for Biden.
Rockys Pop likes this.
LousyShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 05:32   #3

Shoot your dogs ? What a weirdo , and a mean spirited blow hard . But you survived , good job .
2rangers, Momo, Parnelli and 2 others like this.

Old 05-25-2020, 07:04   #4

Sorry man, my last outing with the left half of my family (which is nearly everyone but me) wasn't so bad, we all get along, we just disagree about nearly everything.

Both my kids voted for that stupid bitch pounding the final nails in the coffin of what was left of Michigan, and neither one has talked to me since I asked them how it was working out for them.

My hope is that they're starting to figure things out, because I know they're mad as hell over the whole thing. If you're 40 and not a Consrervative and all.... They got a year or so left.
Old 05-25-2020, 08:38   #5
Suck it Leftists!

Here’s a t-shirt for your next outing.

freesw, Momo and Rockys Pop like this.
Old 05-25-2020, 23:59   #6
Honor our Constitution !

Originally Posted by GAMEOVER View Post
Here’s a t-shirt for your next outing.

ohhh, they're VERY conservative folks.

Paw in Laws Daddy loved his Beagles more than his family.....I guess it scarred my P.I.L.'s little psyche'......but he has 2 Daschunds.

my plan is that next time he starts that crap i'm going to draw down on one of HIS little yippers and ask if I can start w/his first !!

Gameover.......YES YES YES.....I don't care how much it costs i'm getting that shirt to wear for our next visit !!
YOU Sir.....are a GENIUS !!
Parnelli and Turkeestalker like this.
Old 05-26-2020, 07:17   #7

My first wife passed in 2005. We were married for 17 years. My in laws called me mayonnaise face. Her family would insult me in my own house. This went on many years until I said enough. I can take it if I am in their house, but never again will I take it, or listen to you take it (meaning my wife). Never happened again after I put my foot down. I am easy going. But there comes a point. My previous in-laws are all dead now. My father in law fell down the steps and hit his head. My mother in law died of a septic infection. Both had just retired.

I have now been married again for 12 years. My wife has a cousin that insulted me a couple times. I took him aside and asked what did I ever do to you? I said you don't even know me and your saying things about me to others? He apologized, and has been better. Otherwise the new family is much better. Perfect no, better, 100 times.
Momo, Parnelli, Rockys Pop and 2 others like this.
dh1633pm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 11:04   #8
RJF

dh, sometime over a beer we'll discuss family challenges. Suffice it to say I understand...

Never a problem with in-laws, though - they embraced me despite some initial family concerns. Perhaps my asking her father for her hand in marriage did the trick. His daughter was 48 at the time...
dh1633pm and SMOGGUY like this.
RJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 14:02   #9

Wow, sounds like some ignorant people, but it's most likely the way they were raised. Personally if I had those issues I'd just tell the wife I'm not going to visit with her and that's that, they can take it any way they want, I don't care.

Last time I was at the in-laws they had an old picture of me in uniform my wife gave them hanging by itself in the living room so I figure I'm good.
chill1955, Parnelli and SMOGGUY like this.
Old 05-26-2020, 23:24   #10
Honor our Constitution !

Ordered the "while I whip this out" shirt w/Cleavon Little in his Sheriffs outfit from Amazon for $23 !
That'll burn their cookies because most of them are "bona fide" racists to boot.
Parnelli and GAMEOVER like this.
Old 05-27-2020, 09:05   #11

I'm closer to my wifes family than I am mine in many ways. I had five step dads growing up each of my two siblings are from different dads. My sister is a facebook narcissist that does not realize it. My brother was affected by all the divorces in a negative way, I keep him at arms length due to his pathological behavior. My wife's family are all farmers in Iowa, Cow manure, good dirt, corn, soybeans, sweat, and some REALLY cool tractor toys! Yes I have helped at plant and harvest. Mid summer hay bailing, that sucked, but the city boy never faltered. I earned my place at the table and a cold (although cheap) beer at the end of the day. Bud light, where's my IPA?
Old 06-02-2020, 12:47   #12
Suck it Leftists!

Originally Posted by Rockys Pop View Post
Ordered the "while I whip this out" shirt w/Cleavon Little in his Sheriffs outfit from Amazon for $23 !
That'll burn their cookies because most of them are "bona fide" racists to boot.
Will be watching for the field report.
Old 06-03-2020, 10:51   #13

My first in-laws were just that way. Its not that I didn't take good care of their daughter. We did well. I earned more than anyone of them.

My new in-laws are great. Can't say enough about them.
Rockys Pop likes this.
dh1633pm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 12:22   #14
RJF

Our problem wasn't with my in-laws, but with my parents. Long and complicated, but my Mom really didn't care for my wife (Dad was gracious and kept the peace). To be sure, Mom was gracious with witnesses, but could be brutal one-on-one with my wife. I would have not believed if but for overhearing kitchen-talk between them a few times.

Nonetheless, when we were married, Mom and Dad were gracious for the ceremonies (Civil and Church), but never stayed at my/our home after that. It was so sad, as I loved them and their company, but would never subject my wife to Mom one-on-one. I had made a decision - one I don't regret - but a painful one nonetheless.

In-laws were great!
Parnelli likes this.
RJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 12:31   #15

My mom told me if I married my first wife that she'd make me miserable for the rest of my life after only knowing her for less than an hour. I thought what does mom know anyway?

Turns out she was wrong, it only took 25 years to pay off that divorce, and now we get along.
SMOGGUY likes this.
Old 06-16-2020, 03:14   #16
Suck it Leftists!

Reminds me. My 1st wife and I were separated. Her mother moved in with her after I moved out. Her mother starts doing stake-outs at my favorite watering hole. One night when I was at said watering hole her mother calls 911 and reports that I was at said watering hole and that I was likely going to be leaving and would be drunk and driving. It so happened that my good friends mother was the 911 operator on evening shift and called my friend to give him a heads and to call and alert me. He then calls me at said watering hole and tells me what’s going on and said his mother is bound by policy to notify the police but will give me a 30 minute head start to escape which I did. The next day I called the wife and told her I knew about the 911 call her mother made. A few months later I start noticing an unfamiliar car tailing me about twice a week when I left work. I suspected I t was a PI so I went to the phone company and got wife’s phone records (I was still the account holder) and confirmed the calls from the home phone to a local PI. After that whenever I noticed the car tailing me I would turn it in to a cat and mouse game and I would take that PI for the joy ride of his life sometimes up to 3 hours. About a year later I confronted the wife about it and she admitted her mother hired the PI. I can only hope that ole biddy went to her grave wondering how I found out about the 911 call and the PI.
Rockys Pop likes this.