The Medications That Change Who We Are - Shooting Sports Forum

General Chit Chat No politics or religion in this section!

Like Tree17Likes
  • 2 Post By ammodotcom
  • 3 Post By Parnelli
  • 2 Post By Jeff F
  • 2 Post By RJF
  • 2 Post By Mannlicher
  • 1 Post By Rockys Pop
  • 2 Post By Rockys Pop
  • 2 Post By chill1955
  • 1 Post By Parnelli

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2020, 13:13   #1
Ammo.com

The Medications That Change Who We Are

One of our Resistance Library readers reached out to us recently and shared a BBC article that they found interesting. They said it reminded them of our piece Prescription For Violence: The Corresponding Rise of Antidepressants, SSRIs & Mass Shootings and thought it supported some of the connections made there.

They’ve been linked to road rage, pathological gambling, and complicated acts of fraud. It turns out many ordinary medications don’t just affect our bodies – they affect our brains.
We thought you all might find it interesting, you can find the BBC article they sent us here: https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...nge-who-we-are

The story is pretty wild. We wonder how many “Patient Five’s” there really are out there. Do you or someone you know have similar stories like this one?
freesw and Sparkie like this.
ammodotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 14:39   #2

Well most of these drugs they use are in the psychotropic category, (From the Greek psycho-, the mind + trop, a turning = (capable of) turning the mind) so it really should come as no surprise when we give patients hallucinogenic drugs and then they go off the deep end so to speak.

In fact anything that interferes with the body's natural chemistry is detrimental to one's health, but that's just me.
Sparkie, chill1955 and SMOGGUY like this.
Old 01-29-2020, 00:17   #3
Matthew 5:9

Librium/Valium
Methaquaalone (quaaludes)
Tranxene
Prozac
Zoloft
Lexapro
Xanax
Trazedone
Clonopin

what do ALL these "mood enhancers" have in common ?
they have all either been pulled off the market or are currently under investigation for causing violent rage incidents in large numbers of their perscribees.......

that's not counting narcotics & steroids ( Chris Benoit anyone?)

when my teenaged Son was killed in 2000 I went on Zoloft for 3 years......stopped when I realized it had turned me into a mean S.O.B. that could take a life w/o a second thought. (and enjoy doing it)

Old 01-29-2020, 08:20   #4

Jack Daniels. I can drink Jim Beam all night long and have a great time, try that with Jack Daniels and I wake up black and blue every time.
Parnelli and Rockys Pop like this.
Old 01-29-2020, 12:22   #5
RJF

The hormone drugs I'm on for prostate cancer make me more compatible with "my inner self", meaning greater love. Soothing, but not really causing me to want to buy more shoes. Still have basic colors, that don't include "mauve" and "chartreuse"...

Better than metastatic bone cancer, so I'm good. No muscles, though (zero-T).

Mr. Smirnoff keeps me okay some days...
chill1955 and Rockys Pop like this.
RJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 18:03   #6

Heart meds I take are why I am still green side up. ��
Rockys Pop and RJF like this.

The Bonnie Blue, may she proudly wave forever
Mannlicher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 02:48   #7

considering how many mass shooters have mental health issues AND mood altering drugs (either taken or refused) in their histories.....I wonder if there is an actual breakdown list somewhere of which mental illness & which medication, by which shooter.

I KNOW this has been studied, but i'm betting "big pharma" greased some palms to prevent the results from seeing daylight......
Turkeestalker likes this.
Old 02-05-2020, 02:51   #8

well damned if google isn't my buddy right now !!

37 mass shooters and their antidepressants !
https://thoughtcatalog.com/jeremy-lo...tidepressants/
RJF and Turkeestalker like this.
Old 02-08-2020, 12:44   #9

Big Pharma and the swamp been in bed forever. The linkages between mass shooters and their medications are well known but never spoken about because it serves their communist agenda of removing firearms from us lowly citizens. Trump needs to address this as a true path forward for making gun free sheep safer.
Parnelli and Rockys Pop like this.
Old 02-08-2020, 16:07   #10

Big Pharma, many Doctors, Pols... hell the entire hellcare industry have become little more than a bunch of whores playing Americans for their hard earned cash, their homes, hell even their lives for some poor unlucky folks. It's a pretty damned sad state of affairs if you ask me.

One day their bill will be due, and it's gonna be a big'un.
Rockys Pop likes this.
Old 02-13-2020, 07:41   #11

Originally Posted by chill1955 View Post
Big Pharma and the swamp been in bed forever. The linkages between mass shooters and their medications are well known but never spoken about because it serves their communist agenda of removing firearms from us lowly citizens. Trump needs to address this as a true path forward for making gun free sheep safer.

Wow...what a shining example of crystal-clear thinking. Is it the mass shooters or their medications who have the communist agenda?

BTW, virtually any medication you might take has contraindications, and some of these are really scary. Obviously, the answer is to do away with all medications and stop the fluoridation of drinking water, and while we're at it, let's bring back the plague!

Yes, some small percentage of patients have a reaction to a psychotropic that may cause them to engage in some sort of anti-social behavior, like shootings, poisonings, dangerous driving, voting for or actually being Donald Trump. But these meds can and do help most of those who take them. These meds might actually be beneficial to several of the posters here.
LousyShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 14:12   #12

Hmmm... I don't take any medications beyond the occasional aspirin and a daily multi vitamin... yet I voted for your President Trump, and boy has he proven himself to be exactly the right choice.
The simple fact that an idiot like yourself hates him is more than proof enough.

So what meds do you take, that made you vote for obummer … twice?

Fraudulent, lying, idiot communist... extraordinaire!
Old 02-13-2020, 15:28   #13

Originally Posted by Turkeestalker View Post
Hmmm... I don't take any medications beyond the occasional aspirin and a daily multi vitamin... yet I voted for your President Trump, and boy has he proven himself to be exactly the right choice.

That you believe such nonsense makes you a candidate.
LousyShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 16:10   #14

The simple fact that an idiot like yourself hates him is more than proof enough.
That you don't see it makes me smile.