Pistol Grip Question. - Shooting Sports Forum

FN-FAL Talk Tech Talk about the Fabrique Nationale FAL and it's variants.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Darts2116
  • 1 Post By RIBob

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2016, 18:31   #1

Pistol Grip Question.

Ok my biggest regret when it comes to not buying a gun was picking up a 400 R1 because it was painted brown and I was not really Into FAL's at the time. Then I passed up a British version for 850. This was pre BO. The reason why this is such a huge regret for me is that I live in NY. The only real 308 battle rifle you can buy here now is the M-1A1. They are selling at a premium while nice for some reason I like the the FAL and G3 platforms better. The only reason they are not SAFE Act compliant is that they have Pistol Grips. Do you thing it would be possible to build a FAL or G3 with out a pistol grip. When I say possible I mean could the rifle be used effectively with out the pistol grip?
Alamo_308 likes this.
Darts2116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 09:55   #2

Pistol grip?

Originally Posted by Darts2116 View Post
Do you thing it would be possible to build a FAL or G3 with out a pistol grip. When I say possible I mean could the rifle be used effectively with out the pistol grip?
Short answer would be 'No'.
However, it would be possible but you'd have to find, make, or have made a Frankenstein-type stock which would afford some kind of wrap-around stock 'wrist' horizontally configured contiguous with the rear of the trigger guard. Imagine how ugly that might be?
Alamo_308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 12:02   #3
Formerly "raf"

Anything's possible. Getting it approved, in writing, by your State's authorities might be impossible.
Alamo_308 likes this.
RIBob is online now   Reply With Quote