Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By nickelplate
  • 1 Post By Rapier
  • 1 Post By nickelplate
  • 1 Post By nickelplate

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2020, 10:49   #1

The "A-MAZE-N" pellet tube smoker

On reading great reviews about this Made In America stainless steel pellet tube smoker that works in charcoal or gas BBQs or electric smokers, I just picked one up at Lowe's.
This particular model is expandable from 7" long (2 hrs of smoke) to 12" long (4 hrs of smoke).
No soaking required, just fill it with your favorite hardwood smoke pellets, light it with a propane torch, once it catches fire let it burn for 10 minutes then blow out the flame and put in the BBQ.
I haven't had a chance to cook with it but did a 7" test smoke in my Weber kettle (vents wide open) and got a complete burn run time of 1-3/4 hrs.
Anyone here use one of their smoke tubes?
amazenproducts.com
Attached Thumbnails
The "A-MAZE-N" pellet tube smoker-img_3847.jpg   The "A-MAZE-N" pellet tube smoker-img_3848.jpg   The "A-MAZE-N" pellet tube smoker-img_3851.jpg  
Marlin 45 carbine likes this.
nickelplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 15:49   #2

Am interested in new ways to smoke so would be interested in what you find out about the use of this tube. I have a BGE and Cook Shack electric right now But am always looking for new ideas. I bought a gas grill as a microwave type quick grill to use If unexpected company shows up. So maybe a tube might go in the gas quickie. :-)
Ed
Rapier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 08:27   #3

I've only had a chance so far to bbq a whole spatchcocked (butterflied) chicken. Using the Weber kettle, I put the a-maze-n tube with a partial fill of pecan, hickory and mesquite pellets along with a couple of dry slivers of Sierra Nevada mountain mahogany down where the coals go for one hour of breast down cold smoke only, vents open. Took the bird off and pulled the a-maze-n tube, started the coals and put the bird back on until the internal temperature hit 165 degrees in about an hour. That tube really puts out a lot of uninterrupted smoke!
What was just as good as that evening's dinner was the chicken salad for lunch the next day.
Attached Thumbnails
The "A-MAZE-N" pellet tube smoker-img_3863.jpg  

Old 05-21-2020, 16:07   #4

I've twice now smoked various cheeses using this smoke tube-first trial batch was regular Tillamook brands-so damn good did a gourmet selection a couple of weeks later. The photo doesn't look anywhere near the marvelous flavor.
Two hour cold smoke at between 80/90 degrees.
Attached Thumbnails
The "A-MAZE-N" pellet tube smoker-after.jpg  
Old 05-26-2020, 10:21   #5

It makes it look easy. Your sold Nickelplate? I smoke Ribs in my smoker yesterday. Emmm. I just drop the pellets in with the charcoal. This seems like a welcome addition to the gas grill.
Attached Thumbnails
The "A-MAZE-N" pellet tube smoker-smoking1.jpg   The "A-MAZE-N" pellet tube smoker-smoking.jpg  
dh1633pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 09:05   #6

Originally Posted by dh1633pm View Post
It makes it look easy. Your sold Nickelplate? I smoke Ribs in my smoker yesterday. Emmm. I just drop the pellets in with the charcoal. This seems like a welcome addition to the gas grill.
Unbelievably easy! Just light it with a propane/butane torch, let it burn for ten minutes, blow it out and place in any style of bbq and go about your normal cooking routine. This critter puts out a tremendous amount of smoke!
Attached Thumbnails
The "A-MAZE-N" pellet tube smoker-maze-n.jpg