today was a good day.... - Shooting Sports Forum

AK Talk AK-47 and AK-74 talk. SKS talk has been moved!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2007, 17:48   #1

today was a good day....

i got to shoot my AK! actually, after building a bonfire and burning a bunch of junk that was lying around the ranch, i grabbed a WASR-10 and jumped on my 4-wheeler and went looking for **** to shoot at. nothing really in particular. ....oh look! a tree stump. now it's splintered to hell. over there is and old 55 gal barrel. it looks better with a bunch of holes in it now. and that useless piece of countertop that i forgot to burn looks more like swiss cheese after 100 rds went thru it! all in all it was a good day.

i just don't understand why a lot of folks look down on the WASR's. for starters, it IS an AK for all intents and purposes. granted, they aren't pretty when you buy them, but a little refinishing and they can be a swan. i'm not afraid to drop mine in the mud (yeah, i slipped and we both went down) like i would be my Weatherby .06. hell, i put 10 30 rounders thru it today and it never failed to fire or feed with steel AND poly mags, even after getting dirty. what more could you ask for? if i had a fancy-shmancy showpiece i would hang it on the wall or keep it wrapped up in a safe, but what fun would that be?

if the **** ever hits the fan, one of my WASR-10's will be in my hand. i know for sure that i can count on it to function flawlessly no matter what. that's more than i can say for most of the people i know, except for one.

sorry for my ranting, but i see a lot of WASR slamming on a lot of forums and it's just plain aggrivating to me. i'll be quiet now.......or not!
Old 11-27-2007, 18:24   #2

Good day?!?! Sounds like a GREAT day to me. If I had a place like that to shoot, heck, EVERY day would be great.

The WASR is not a safe queen or a tack driver, but they're perfect for exactly what you're doing. Also, in a SHTF situation, it's unlikely you'd want to engage at long ranges. Given it's intended range, it always goes bang, even after abuse (as your experience further demonstrates).

IIRC, a few members here have WASR's, as well. A search might give you more detailed info to acquire or share. If you want to do any modifications, http://www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/ has a ton of guides with pictures.
Joe Garibaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 21:00   #3

yeah Joe, it's fun living out here in BFE. i get to play anytime i want.

and check the gallery. i've got both of them posted there with a listing of all the mods i've done. they are NOT really CAI WASR's anymore.

Tapco G2 single hook triggers
Tapco gas pistons
refinished furniture
etc. etc. etc.

enjoy the pics