Tactical foregrip - Shooting Sports Forum

AK Talk AK-47 and AK-74 talk. SKS talk has been moved!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2007, 21:50   #1

Tactical foregrip

i have been thinking about putting a tactical forearm grip on my WASR-10 underfolder. my only concern is the lower handgaurd being too large for the stock to lock in place when folded. i realize that a front end pistol grip is most likely out of the question when folded. i've been looking at different styles on the net but pictures don't do the applications justice.

anyone have any experience with this? or even better, a suggestion on a particular brand/model?
Old 10-24-2007, 16:58   #2
Independent Field Tester

Not sure how it would fit the folder but the Quad Rail from UTG is a god 4 rail hand guard. Locks up very solid and runs about $70.
shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 08:47   #3

yeah Shadow1, that UTG system looks pretty cool but it's the lower rail that bothers me. after a lot of searching i've decided to go with Tapco's Galil setup with the optional rail points. it looks like if i don't install the lower one the folder should lock in place. then i'll have two side points to work with for lights and/or lasers. i'm not gonna scope it. plus it gives me a compliance part to offset the Israili pistol grip...keep it in the family, eh?

and i just got done refinishing the furniture on my wood WASR. i may scope it using the siderail. definately not with the reciever cover designs i've heard bad things about.

i'll send pics soon.

Old 10-29-2007, 18:15   #4
Independent Field Tester

It would work ok for lights but it's going to move too much for an accurate laser.
Old 10-29-2007, 21:26   #5

that would suck. i was hoping for a laser on one side and a light on the other. or spend a few extra bucks and get a light/laser combo. i have seen a rail that can fit into the top of the Galil with some modification. i dunno if i want to do that. that probably would not be as easy as a simple filing job such as trimming a poly mag to fit in the well.

time will tell. it shipped this morning.
Old 10-31-2007, 23:11   #6

the new hangaurd came today and i give it 4.5 stars. the thing is rock solid! it went on easy with just a little tap from a mallet. it looks great too. the only reason i docked it .5 of a star was that it required about 10 minutes of filing to get the underfolder bars to clear enough to lock in place. i won't put the side rail mounts on 'till i decide what to mount.

i'd recommend the upgade.

i'll send pics soon.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:19   #7
Independent Field Tester

Glad it worked out for you. I was afraid it would be loose if it attached like a standard AK hand guard.