Colt 1991A1 - Page 2 - Shooting Sports Forum

1911 Talk (formerly Colt Government Talk) Everything about 1911 model pistols and their derivatives and knock-offs! Get advice about the Colt Government pistols, post items about your experience with these pistols and accessories for these pistols.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2020, 20:44   #26

Wow Gunrun, great joke, "buy a Kimber because they have better QC than Colt!" I haven't laughed that hard in a long time! Talk to any decent 1911 smith and get them to tell you the truth, Kimer will be the last gun they recommend and most despise them, if not openly, then behind doors. "But MY smith loooooves them!" Go have a heart to heart talk with them, they are only saying what you want to hear and know they WILL have work fixing all that is wrong with them, NOT because they like them. Ask the smith what they recommend for a carrry gun and Kimber will come in just behind a rock or stick.

Look at a SAM or RIA 1911, both are good guns and great values, but I like the SAM better. If you can find a Norinco at a decent price they are excellent too!
Legion489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 04:39   #27

I am sure Gunrun has moved on to other forums since he last post on this thread was 14 years ago.
dh1633pm is offline   Reply With Quote