Perfect Union banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I went to see that movie last night, and I recommend it 100%. This was a no BS movie, with none of the typical Hollywierd distractions of who's dating who or without giving anyone other than the CIA and the SEALS the credit.

The fact the sen Fienstien dissed the movie on her web site, made me want to see it even more. By the way I sent that worthless had an email and told her she is paid to represent ALL of the people of CA, not just a select few, and she was NOT paid to be a freaking movie critic.

She's a waste of of fresh air.

Zero Dark Thirty, on the other hand, was well written, well acted and directed.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Overall I enjoyed the movie, however, as usual with this type of movie the "operators" sucked and obviously never got a tactical trainer to ensure correct tactics and weapons handling were used. This was made obvious in part of the actual raid where they were using their PEQ 15/16's and the laser of one of the rifles was aimed at the back of the neck of the first guy in the stack. That alone was enough to irritate the hell out of me.

Other than that.. I loved how they were whispering the guy's names in the hallway to get them to stick their heads out.. OSAMA...OSAMA... PFFTPFFT THUD.... I laughed out loud!

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I'm sure they hired "expert" advisors. But even if they got good advice the director will ignore it in favor of either production values or not spending $$ on a reshoot of the scene. The advisors pay is too good for them to quit in protest at being ignored.

·
ZORT member
993 Posts
I heard some of the military brass didn't like the movie because it wasn't realistic in terms of what actually happened. Holoywood usually takes creative freedom and does what they want. Good to hear you liked it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts