Perfect Union banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gosh! ..... There are so many out there and dern good ones too. I was merely curious as to what your personal preference is when looking at the .45 caliber semiautos. Colt? Charles Daly? Wilson? Glock? ..... The list goes on ... Whats your favorite?

I own a Kimber Custom Classic that has not given me any problems and shoots pretty good right out of the box ;) Six Out!

·
Registered
282 Posts
If it ain't a Colt it is just a copy. However I also love my Dan Wesson, Springfield, Para Ordnance, Randall and Baer. Then come the non-1911s, Smith 625s and 25, Colt 1917, H&K Compact. Yep there sure are a lot of choices

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well my favorite .45 is my Springfield.It has worked without a single problem since day one.It also happens to be the first fire arm that I owned.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Well, it's not a true 1911 but my HK USP is as reliable as you are going to see...Feeds flawlessly, and has shot very well out of the box, despite me...:) First firearm I bought.

Larry:2guns:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Excellent choices if I do say so myself. I have to agree with ya on the Colt as it goes way way back and is by far the most popular I would think. That Sistema is a sweet lookin' weapon! I kinda like that now ..... :) Thanks for your replies ..... Six!

·
Registered
723 Posts
If your talking non 1911, I say my Glock 21 hand down.But 1911 I Like my Springfield TRP,or My Springfield Loaded stainless model.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
It's a toss-up between the Kimber Custom Target and the Colt Series 70 NM GoldCup.

:sniper:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well I'm a Ruger type of guy and I just love my Ruger KP97...I had no hiccups since I bought it 2 years ago and IMHO is accurate as hell.

I have fire 1911, berattas, glocks while in the military there great guns, but I stick to my KP97 .45!:2guns:

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
I love my Colt 1991A1, bought new in '95. A little tweaking here and there, but still basically stock.
But, I recently shot a friend's .45 Glock, and made the best groups I've ever shot with a .45ACP. If I wasn't so old fashioned (just can't get used to all that plastic!) I'd buy one in a NY second. Probably will when I get my CCW. The Colt's too heavy.

:usa:

·
Registered
279 Posts
I own a Ruger P90 with Houge grips, still the only 45 I can operate with one hand. It doesn't sound like a great deal of importance but when you have a great big pig runnin your way its nice to know you can purchase the slide release with one hand, and use the other under the gun for steadiness. The only other 45 that came close was the EAA Witness. I was not able to buy one in stainless, so I went with the Ruger. I will never not like the feel of a REAL 45 the 1911 of course, but my side arms are usually Rugers.:usa:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts