Perfect Union banner
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

· Registered
2,273 Posts
and where is it when you go get the mail, take out the trash, go out to or come from your vehicle, answer the door, gather in the pets, mow the lawn, etc, hmm? see? you IMAGINE that it will happen while you are in your bedroom. well the odds are VERY high that it won't.
Your reading comprehension skills are surely lacking, I said its my go to bump in the night weapon, or let me put it another way. Its my go to weapon if I know or think I may be getting into a gunfight.
I carry a .357 or my Springfield almost 100% of the time for unknown situations that may come up like walking down to the mail box or taking out the trash.

Is it so hard for you to understand that a shotgun with the right ammunition is the most powerful fight stopper there is. I have taken intermediate and advanced shotgun courses from Gabriel Suarez and a couple others. I know how to fight with and run a shotgun. I have also been to gunsite a couple times for handgun courses.

· Registered
437 Posts
Tap / Gunkid: He's baaaaaack!

Hmmm...I thought the volume and "expertise" of his postings sounded familiar:

I once met a man whose skin was green, cause he'd taken in nothing but speedballs and coffee for over a month. He'd done, by actuall count, 133 daylight smash and grab burglaries, most of them with homeowners/renters present. He'd just dive thru a window or kick in a door, grab a nuke oven or tv and run trade it for another shot of dope. He never once saw a gun or heard a shot, altho he said that several people were running for the bedroom, as for a gun. he could easily have had a hunk of pipe and beaten them down first, tho.
And, from our old buddy "Tap", aka Gunkid (5/10/2011):

knew a guy who did 114 daylight home invasions
during a 30 day period. His skin was green from using "speedball"s (heroin and speed mixture) and not eating at all during that period. He would just kick in the door, or cover up with his jacket and dive thru a window, grab a tv or something of value, and run sell it to the dope man. Not once did he hear a shot or see a gun, even tho people usually were in the house. So much for having the time needed to go get a "home defense" firearm! :). If you are not wearing it, you probably won't have the chance to use it., except by pure luck.

· Registered
345 Posts
and where is it when you go get the mail, take out the trash, go out to or come from your vehicle, answer the door, gather in the pets, mow the lawn, etc, hmm? see? you IMAGINE that it will happen while you are in your bedroom. well the odds are VERY high that it won't.

I once met a man whose skin was green, cause he'd taken in nothing but speedballs and coffee for over a month. He'd done, by actuall count, 133 daylight smash and grab burglaries, most of them with homeowners/renters present. He'd just dive thru a window or kick in a door, grab a nuke oven or tv and run trade it for another shot of dope. He never once saw a gun or heard a shot, altho he said that several people were running for the bedroom, as for a gun. he could easily have had a hunk of pipe and beaten them down first, tho.
I don't take the trash out after I go to bed, I don't get the mail when its dark out. Hello, anybody home? Have you ever really touched a gun not made out of plastic and powered by a spring pushing a plunger to propel a pellet with air pressure? The OP was about some dim bulb guy, possibly a relative of yours who thought you didn't have to aim a shotgun. You are bringing all this extraneous dribbling about why only a handgun is suitable for Home or Self defense. Go home little boy and stay out of adult conversations. You ranting has nothing to do with the OP.

· Registered
147 Posts
whether or not you CONSCIOUSLY hear the blasts has NO impact on whether or not they impact your eardrums. Flinching is a subconscious act, you know. NO shotgun load is without LOTS of flash. a few (wimpy) handgun loads have greatly reduced flash, along with a lot less power, tho. YOU are the one who has a problem with reality. You aint gonna HAVE any longarm when it's needed, most likely. You are probably too lazy to always carry a handgun everywhere around your home, not even an 11 oz 9mm or 14 oz .38 snub.

· Registered
147 Posts
I've held men at gunpoint 4x in my life. ALL FROZE IN PLACE, and that is usually the case, dudes. NRA'S column proves that. The Dept of Justice's ANNUAL CRIME SURVEY establishes that every year, over 65% of all attacks are NOT made with a gun. Same site's FBI UCR (uniform crime report) says that half or more of all GUN fights occur at 10 FEET or less of range. So it's speed into action, normaly not involving shooting at ALL, and often, misses or poor hits suffice, too. So somebody has eaten some dirt in some douche bag country and spraye the brush with an M16, so what? That doesnt make him swift and accurate with a pistol, a master of tactics, etc. It just makes him a net blowhard, mostly.

· Troll Fister
138 Posts
remember you new kids, anything this Whoa fella has to say should be taken with a whole bag of salt. He is a convicted felon, (strike 1 was making piss poor supressors and trying to sell them, strike 2 was Theft, and possesion for sale of cocaine) drug dealer (a lousy one at that) and generally delusional. in the old days he'd have been 86ed in under a week... but the relitively new "hands off policy" of the management means we are kinda stuck with him

anyway, due to his felony conviction, he's no longer allowed to own guns, and he talks a big game, but he's just a sad old man looking for attention, and trying to avoid his third strike... which possesion of a firearm would be, so when he talks about carrying a gun... he's lying, or just stupid.
he also likes performing jelly rolls in the shower and tossing the ol' salad... but thats a story for another time :p

· Registered
345 Posts
I've held men at gunpoint 4x in my life. ALL FROZE IN PLACE, It just makes him a net blowhard, mostly.
First line you made up the last line is true of you.

You still haven't addressed a single word to the OP's topic which means you know less than nothing about it and I feel sorry for you because nobody should be that ignorant.

· Odd Pachyderm thingy
1,285 Posts
First line you made up the last line is true of you.

You still haven't addressed a single word to the OP's topic which means you know less than nothing about it and I feel sorry for you because nobody should be that ignorant.
I knew I had a reason to like you, Grumpy man. :lol:

as for the OP -

just remember new shotgun boys - a HD shotgun with a legal length barrel will pattern with a cylinder bore about the size of an apple to around the size of a grapefruit at "typical" home defense distances (unless you live in a REALLY big house) you still need to remember the fundamentals, find that front sight (or bead) and squeeeeeeeze.

ie: you need to put the fruit in da' basket, not on the walls :lol:

· Registered
345 Posts
I knew I had a reason to like you, Grumpy man. :lol:

as for the OP -

just remember new shotgun boys - a HD shotgun with a legal length barrel will pattern with a cylinder bore about the size of an apple to around the size of a grapefruit at "typical" home defense distances (unless you live in a REALLY big house) you still need to remember the fundamentals, find that front sight (or bead) and squeeeeeeeze.

ie: you need to put the fruit in da' basket, not on the walls :lol:
Longest possible shot in my house is 24' and that will give me a 12-14" spread on my pattern with my gun. At more likely distances of 8'-10' the shot will still be mostly inside the shot cup and would basically make a thumb size hole in whoever is in the way of the shot. It's why I learned to shoot FBI style with the flashlight and why I teach it. It's also why I have high viz rifle sights on my gun and practice low light shooting. Boogerman is standing there with a bright light in his eyes and a big gun in my hands. I don't care if this guy is Whoa's little buddy who has done 3,157 home invasions, at this home he is in a heap of trouble.

Better yet if he goes next door he has to face the kid and the old man and their 270 rifles, the momma with her 12 gauge and the daughter with her crossbow. He doesn't have to worry about the dog, he's chicken. Momma and daughter are the two with the least sense of humor and I taught the boy to shoot so it would be a really good place to not break into.

· Registered
345 Posts
yeah, yeah, yeah, like it's SO likely that the attack will be while you're at home, and ABLE to get the longarm into play and all the rest of your IMAGINARY bs.
Do you have a point or are you just talking so your pie hole has a chance to drool down your shirt. Since few people spend their free time walking around in public with a shotgun there has to be other ways of dealing with a gunman but if you are at home and some boogerman breaks in we will use what we have and for an awful lot of us that means shotgun. What are you going to do, talk a house breaker to death with your keen intellect and razor sharp wit? Good luck with that.

· Troll Fister
138 Posts
yeah, yeah, yeah, like it's SO likely that the attack will be while you're at home, and ABLE to get the longarm into play and all the rest of your IMAGINARY bs. Blah blah blah, my name is John melvin davis, and I'm a convicted felon who can't even own a firearm legaly. No one likes me and I'm sad about that so I go on the net and fantasize about what a badass I am. But in reality, I know no one is buying it. and I love to toss my cellmate's salad.
Here I fixed it for you, Convict

· Registered
102 Posts
Right on my brother.

Bird hunting is not the same as the use of a shotgun for self defense, shooting 00 Buckshot.
I hope and pray if I ever have to pull out my Mossberg 500 with my short slug barrel on it, that all it takes is the sound of me racking the action to load that 00 12 guage shell. Sure would mess the house up, but the scum bag that broke in a lot worse.

Reb

· Registered
345 Posts
I hope and pray if I ever have to pull out my Mossberg 500 with my short slug barrel on it, that all it takes is the sound of me racking the action to load that 00 12 guage shell. Sure would mess the house up, but the scum bag that broke in a lot worse.

Reb
Unless you have children in the house there is no reason not to have one chambered. The only sound the gun should make is the tiny little click when you push the safety to off. If you make another noise it should be on the order of BOOM! Relying on the sound of the slide feeding a shell into the chamber means you have cut the capacity of the gun by one shot and you have alerted the intruder to your presence. If armed and ready that sound would be his target. You might want to rethink your strategy. A bright light in boogermans eyes to locate, identify and blind him is much more effective than the sound of somebody making noises with their gun getting it ready to shoot.

If you do have kids then first priority is to get them to a safe room. While somebody dials 911 you watch the door. If boogerman breaks through you don't mess with warnings you shoot and keep shooting as long as he is on his feet and a threat to you.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.