Perfect Union banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the range, WOW! what a difference! See for your self. Using Winchester 46 gr varmint from beginning to end all groups of 5, shot from 100 yds, using sandbag. Out of the box 4.50" avg; Hogue stock (no diff in accuracy), muzzle brake, trigger job, and gas bush adj. 2.50"avg; Bedding stock 1.78" avg; Fire lapping the barrel 1.51" avg. (see attached photo), 1st group after firelapping SUB MOA .92" ooooooohhhhhhhaaaa, I gotta lay down!!!!!!, I got the gas bushings, trigger job, bedding/firelapping video, and lap bullets (I had to load them myself), from mike knifong at NW Shooters Support, thanks Mike, great service, great price. But hold on there I ain't done yet, just wait till I develop a custom hand load!

p.s. I scanned the .92" group, and spent an hr trying to attach it. It saves in the paint or word pad, but won't attach! I wanted you guys to see it. Any tips on attaching?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Cajungeo- WOWZA ! Way to go ,man ! Nice job on all that you did (and had done) . So give us the particulars of things-like what kind of muzzle brake,and did Mike do the gas bushing thing or did you ? Congrats to you ! Been reading all these posts trying to decide what to do with my older s.s. Mini (not ranch),and trying to decide what scope and mount to use,muzzle brake,etc. Can you elaborate any further on any other particulars,as I reload too and can benefit from your results. Thanks Geo.:2guns: BILL

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey carry; most of the paticulars, with prices I paid are on page 4, under thread "1 MOA mini". Didn't do as well on the range today as there was a gusty 12mph cross wind. The LC brass I loaded even though was full sized, wouldn't chamber all the time with out me hitting the opp rod. It gave an ocasinal mis-fire or no eject. One of the guys that reloads said the military chambers are big & sloppy which requires a die designed for military brass made by RCBS. Am currently working some winchester, as I had a hundred near in weight. Will either get another die or some comercial brass, unfired so it will fit my chamber better. The gas bushings come in a kit; small, medium, and large. I wound up using the large one which is about 1/4 the size of the factory bush. Ya just pull out the old one and slap in the new one. This is a good time to gap your gas block evenly, and torque ( snug not tight) the screws, using locktite blue. I don't think the muzzle brake is as functional as it is a weight on the end of the thin barrel reducing barrel flip.
I still could use a tip on ataching the scanned target. A note says it is the wrong format? Haven't had a problem ataching photos from the internet, what gives?

·
Registered
567 Posts
cajungeo---The die the guy at the range was refering to a "Small Base" die. My RCBS catalog shows it as part# 11131. These dies are used by people who reload for Semi-autos, pump & lever action rifles. The die sizes the body of the case alittle smaller & bumps back the sholder alittle more than a regular sizer die.

Good luck
Bushwack

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks bushwack for the part #. Will order one to go!
Maddon, how do I convert to jpeg?. I have Adobe Photo Deluxe, Microsoft Home Publishing, and MGI PhotoSuite 4. I can't find anything there to convert to jpeg? I've also tried copy and paste, no luck there either.

·
No Longer Involved
2,398 Posts
Windows 2000 and XP will allow you to "save as" from MS Paint and save it to either GIF or JPG format.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts