Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have a link to site that has anything other than TULA?
hopefully brass cased reloadable - if I can find bullets for reloading.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
You found some Tula??

·
Registered
8,399 Posts
You found some Tula??
Hi KingANuthin;

Don't know what neck of the woods you're in, but if you're anywhere near an Academy or a Wally World try there. Our Wally World's are only getting sporadic supplies of Tula 7.62x39 (once every few weeks) but Academy is getting it regularly at $5.99/box of 20. These days I'm only seeing FMJ and JHP, the 154gr JSP I like so much is notable by its absence.

Good luck and all the best,
Grumpy

·
Registered
10,469 Posts
I've seen a lot of Tula ammo at LGS and Cabela's.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
It comes in to Wally World, but its one box a day, and its gone in a day..

·
Registered
1,117 Posts

·
Registered
8,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wallyworld priced tula X39 @ 6.25/20 rounds. still good bit cheaper than any .223/5.56mm.
10 bxs came in, I grabbed 2 of the three box limit. none since then afaik.
most of the pistol rounds are gone asap also.

·
Banned
7,374 Posts
I picked up some "Herter's" x39, softpoint brass/boxer at the Cabela's in Reno yesterday for $11.99/box of 20. Not bad for hunting ammo that is reloadable. It is rebranded S & B ammo (which works without a hitch in my M30). I don't think it is available online, but is stocked in the brick and morter stores. There is a 5 box/day limit at Cabela's on centerfire ammo. BTW, they had lots of "Herters" .223 @ $6.99/box but it is some kind of rebranded steel case ammo. Good luck!

·
Registered
15 Posts
You folks shoot Tula in a Mini-30?

I am a recent Mini-30 owner (582-26xxx series, so pretty new, but gotten used at my LGS for a very good price) and read quite a bit about ammo issues with it that boil down to "doesn't like cheap commie ammo w/hard Berden primers"

I had about a 30% fail to fire rate with the TulAmmo and Golden Tiger. No issues with Silver Bear, Fiocchi, and PMC.

I wish it would handle the TulAmmo, I can get that all day at 5.99-7.99/20, the Silver Bear I can get sometimes for 8.99/20, the Fiocchi mostly all the time at 11.99/20 and the PMC sometimes for 22.49/20 (only got one to try it out at that price)

When I am at the range with a bunch of folks I would prefer to go with the steel cased stuff so I just have to clean up (if required). When I am alone or only with a few others an/or where it is easy to *FIND* my brass (and as we know, the stock setup will toss brass almost as far at 4 o'clock as it sends lead downrange) I shoot the brass (which I plan on reloading)

So, how is it your M30's handle the Tulla, but my relatively new one will not handle it?

It is *STONE STOCK* atm, that is going to change (very much) over time though...

·
Registered
369 Posts
X39 is hard to comeby right now, I have a bunch of Tula ammo and some Yuly as well, but I only use those in my AK, for my Mini 30, I bought a bunch of Winchester White box, and ordered 1500 brass empties when it was affordable. I also just got a couple of orders in for the .310 FMJ projectiles of 1400 per order from Midway adding to the ones I already have. I hate the stupid prices that are being charged out there thats why I reload, and the Mini 30 get's the good stuff

·
Registered
132 Posts
You folks shoot Tula in a Mini-30?

I am a recent Mini-30 owner (582-26xxx series, so pretty new, but gotten used at my LGS for a very good price) and read quite a bit about ammo issues with it that boil down to "doesn't like cheap commie ammo w/hard Berden primers"

I had about a 30% fail to fire rate with the TulAmmo and Golden Tiger. No issues with Silver Bear, Fiocchi, and PMC.

I wish it would handle the TulAmmo, I can get that all day at 5.99-7.99/20, the Silver Bear I can get sometimes for 8.99/20, the Fiocchi mostly all the time at 11.99/20 and the PMC sometimes for 22.49/20 (only got one to try it out at that price)

When I am at the range with a bunch of folks I would prefer to go with the steel cased stuff so I just have to clean up (if required). When I am alone or only with a few others an/or where it is easy to *FIND* my brass (and as we know, the stock setup will toss brass almost as far at 4 o'clock as it sends lead downrange) I shoot the brass (which I plan on reloading)

So, how is it your M30's handle the Tulla, but my relatively new one will not handle it?

It is *STONE STOCK* atm, that is going to change (very much) over time though...
The 582 series Mini-30 I purchased in November shoots the Tula just fine although I do not plan on making a habit of it. It seems that some are just more finicky than others.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.