Perfect Union banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings. I've been on and off the M14 list for some time, and am back home and planning to finish my M14 project.

My rifle is a Norinco receiver and all USGI or BPT parts built by Fulton Armory. NM upgrades include gas cyl, front sight, flash supp., op rod spring guide and piston; it also lives in an epoxy-impregnated XM21 stock from Fred's. The rifle is not bedded and has an HRA barrel.

I have a BPT scope mount (hard to find) and a Tasco SS 10x optic. (If you're pooing the "Tasco" - probably a Nikko, really -, do a search on the 10x42SS.)

What rings? What height? Leaning towards Badger or ARMS but was hoping someone else had already done the math.
Regards, BT

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just what is a BPT mount? What do they look like (any particular website that may have a pic.) and are they any good? How do they compare to say the ARMS #18 mount?:sniper:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The BPT is the "Brookfield Precision Tool" mount, based on a military design and marked "US Property."

There is a close-up picture in the Scott Duff book on the M14. It requires removal of the clip guide and screws into the side of the reciever, into a block in the clip/charger guide, and has a third contact point on the top of the receiver.

The Smith Enterprise unit, the Entreprise Arms unit, and another one now made by Armscorp and sold by Numrich/Gun Parts Corp., appear identical to the BPT.

Fulton Armory is quoted in Duff's book as stating that the BPT is simply the best, and they used to advertise it on their website. Now the BPT is no longer available (I got mine from Ebay for $225) Fulton says the ARMS is the best. I asked them and someone stated that ARMS was the best, but it was not available at the time they carried the BPT. Not quite true as it was readily available from other sources. Fulton does excellent work but you may rest assured that they tend to hype what they have in stock a little bit. The ARMS unit is a little lower on the rifle than the BPT.

BPT also made a stock liner, a NM op rod spring guide, and a NM gas piston that was Titanium Nitride treated. Sometimes you can find these on eBay or other deals - tank's rifle shop, for example.

Do a little searching on "Brookfield Precision Tool" or "BPT" (snipercountry.com) has a few comments) and you'll find it's pretty much the best out there and in use on the M25 sniper rifle. Also the ARMS is now in use, as is the Smith unit, which is a BPT clone. Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts