11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new state legislation will:

* Limit ammunition clips to seven. It’s now 10

* Force gun owners to renew their licenses every five years

* Stiffen penalties for using a gun in the commission of a crime

* Stiffen penalties for bringing a gun on school property

* New restrictions on the assault weapons already owned by New Yorkers

“They will be basically not permitted to be transferred. They will be grandfathered in but not in terms of a transfer. There will be a registry,” Silver said.

·
Registered
397 Posts
The governor also said there was a disagreement over what to do with assault weapons that are now legally owned but would become illegal under an expanded ban; last month, he said “confiscation could be an option,” a remark that set off anxiety among gun owners, but has not repeated the comment recently and appears to have backed off from it. Mario Cuomo Douchebag!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Your gmnt sounds as stupid as ours, in CA.

I actually have no issues with 3 and 4, but neither of them would stop ANY crimes from happening. If someone is bent on killing, they are not concerned with laws.

·
Suck it Leftists!
7,971 Posts
And how would any of this have stopped Sandy Hook?
None, NaDa, Zero, Nyet.....but that's not what they want. If they can't get confiscation they'll settle for bans, if they can't get bans they'll settle for regulations, if they can't get regulations they'll settle for taxes. and therein lies the Holy Grail.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Read that last sentence. Sothe gun you have dies with you. You cant hand them down to your kids wothout the rifle and your children be on a registery.

·
Registered
156 Posts
This is the "trial balloon" that the feds and other states will use as precedent. Time for civil disobedience at the very least. I don't think democrat NY will fight this, but other states will. If these laws in NY stand, it is the first shot, and first casualty, in this new "war"... the sh1t is starting to hit the fan.

·
Registered
10,484 Posts
If the dead can vote, the dead can own a gun! Right??:ph34r:

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
Yeah we are all screwed. Good thing I sold all my evil rifles. RINO's sold us down the river and then said their crap didn't smell. Trying to make criminals of hard working citizens.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Didnt realize my Rights were depended on the insane and what they do.

How many more insane shootings till we have nothing left

Do they really believe the insane will stop

Will we physicaly stop them from taking our rights away?

·
Registered
10,484 Posts
Just say no!! How can they regulate the preban market on FTF transaction? Maybe this will go to the Supreme Court and the NRA can help get it over turned.

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
Yeah, I was trying to figure out what to do with the 8 round mag in my Garand and the 10 round mag in my 1892. The 21 round mag in my old .22.

·
Registered
8,374 Posts
Yeah, I was trying to figure out what to do with the 8 round mag in my Garand and the 10 round mag in my 1892. The 21 round mag in my old .22.
Hi dh1633pm;

VERY tough luck there - looks like you were sold out by the RINO's.

For immediate "keep me legal at the range", I don't know if they'll let you block the 1892 and I have no idea on the tubular mag .22, but for the Garand if you're looking for something to take to the range try this: Clip, 5 Round Gun Parts | 546280 | Numrich Gun Parts

It may be possible to block your existing clips to <8.

Find the exact text of the law - you may be able to duck out of the Garand's being an "assault weapon" if you get a gas cylinder sans bayo lug. Or maybe not, since the bbl is threaded for the gas cylinder lock. Is there a list? Not sure - NY gunnies need some good lawyers to help 'em get whatever workarounds are possible. Sounds like Bloombergs 25 billion bought him some high powered types to write this Intolerable Act.

And on the strategic front, we need a court challenge on this atrocity. NRA, anyone listening?

Good luck,
Grumpy

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
I have a few of the 5 round Garand clips that I use for shooting in matches. We will have to wait until the dust settles to figure it all out. Good things I sold all my black rifles before the law passed. ;). We don't know what the policy is for fixed mag firearms. I plan on moving south when the kids are done with school. I guess for range shooting I will bring out the bolts actions for some more workouts. I have a few of those. In fact I was looking today at getting another Enfield. I had a No 4 years ago, but sold it because I needed money. Want to get another before the ban. They do take 10 round mags.

I will also shoot more on our private gun range. Upstate New York is mostly rural so no need for going to the gun club too much. My senator voted against the ban. My assemblyman probably will too. But there are too many downstate that don't even know what a rifle feels like in their hands.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
I just saw this posted at another forum:
S 38. Subdivision 23 of section 265.00 of the penal law, as added by chapter 189 of the laws of 2000, is amended to read as follows:

23. "Large capacity ammunition feeding device" means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device, [manufactured after September thirteenth, nineteen hundred ninety-four,] that (A) has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than ten
rounds of ammunition, OR (B) CONTAINS MORE THAN SEVEN ROUNDS OF AMMUNITION, OR (C) IS OBTAINED AFTER THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF THE CHAPTER OF THE LAWS OF TWO THOUSAND THIRTEEN WHICH AMENDED THIS SUBDIVISION AND HAS A CAPACITY OF, OR THAT CAN BE READILY RESTORED OR CONVERTED TO ACCEPT, MORE THAN SEVEN ROUNDS OF AMMUNITION; provided, however, that such term does not include an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition OR A FEEDING DEVICE THAT IS A CURIO OR RELIC. A FEEDING DEVICE THAT IS A CURIO OR RELIC IS DEFINED AS A DEVICE THAT (I) WAS MANUFACTURED AT LEAST FIFTY YEARS PRIOR TO THE CURRENT DATE, (II) IS ONLY CAPABLE OF BEING USED EXCLUSIVELY IN A FIREARM, RIFLE, OR SHOTGUN THAT WAS MANUFACTURED AT LEAST FIFTY YEARS PRIOR TO THE CURRENT DATE, BUT NOT INCLUDING REPLICAS THEREOF, (III) IS POSSESSED BY AN INDIVIDUAL WHO IS NOT PROHIBITED BY STATE OR FEDERAL LAW FROM POSSESSING A FIREARM AND (IV) IS REGISTERED WITH THE DIVISION OF STATE POLICE PURSUANT TO SUBDIVISION SIXTEEN-A OF SECTION 400.00 OF THIS CHAPTER, EXCEPT SUCH FEEDING DEVICES TRANSFERRED INTO THE STATE MAY BE REGISTERED AT ANY TIME, PROVIDED THEY ARE REGISTERED WITHIN THIRTY DAYS OF THEIR TRANSFER INTO THE STATE. NOTWITHSTANDING PARAGRAPH (H) OF SUBDIVISION TWENTY-TWO OF THIS SECTION, SUCH FEEDING DEVICES MAY BE TRANSFERRED PROVIDED THAT SUCH TRANSFER SHALL BE SUBJECT TO THE PROVISIONS OF SECTION 400.03 OF THIS CHAPTER INCLUDING THE CHECK REQUIRED TO BE CONDUCTED PURSUANT TO SUCH SECTION.
From what I understand, the old language is in lower-case, language that is to be added is in all caps.

It also looks like you'd be able to transfer your .22 and other "curios and relics," subject to the typical background check.

·
Registered
8,374 Posts
I have a few of the 5 round Garand clips that I use for shooting in matches. We will have to wait until the dust settles to figure it all out. Good things I sold all my black rifles before the law passed. ;). We don't know what the policy is for fixed mag firearms. I plan on moving south when the kids are done with school. I guess for range shooting I will bring out the bolts actions for some more workouts. I have a few of those. In fact I was looking today at getting another Enfield. I had a No 4 years ago, but sold it because I needed money. Want to get another before the ban. They do take 10 round mags.

I will also shoot more on our private gun range. Upstate New York is mostly rural so no need for going to the gun club too much. My senator voted against the ban. My assemblyman probably will too. But there are too many downstate that don't even know what a rifle feels like in their hands.
Hi dh1633pm;

I was going to suggest a change of scenery on your part but I didn't know if you would take it the wrong way so I demurred. Since you already have plans, I agree that this is a good idea.

You will like the South. I am a former Illinoisan and never regret having left the People's Republik of the Chicago 'Burbs. The only really serious irritation I have felt these past few years was when local "yellow dog" democrats who are ardently pro-gun refused to believe that the Dear Leader in DC is about as anti-gun as they come; since I'm from the part of the country where his political base was formed, I understand them all too well and predicted that he would become an open tyrant in his second term. Enough of that.

In general, in the OK/AR region the pace of life is a bit slower and the cities are less densely populated than the Chicago area. Pretty much everyone has a gun of some kind, and no one cares when you buy ammo at Wally World, but a lot of the gunowners are oblivious to the very fact that someone wants to take them all away...

Anyway, until last Dec.14 my blood pressure had dropped back to healthy levels, general health has improved and I've lost weight. Living in the South has been good to me and I think you will like it too. Bring your Garand and other guns, you will be welcomed. And don't forget to get your CHL asap. Its wonderfully convenient being able to carry a gun, everyday if you like, and it will eliminate NICS checks. Nothing like walking into a LGS, plopping down cash and (after the wretched 4473, may LBJ BURN IN HELL) being able to walk out with your new gun, same day, no NICS.

All the best,
Grumpy
PS Great idea on the Enfield. Down here .303 Brit is one of the few calibers I can find regularly since the panic. After one more high ticket item to finish paying off I think it will be on my list too...

·
Registered
171 Posts
The NYS law will define a firearm as an assault weapon if it has only one of the "nasty" attributes described in the original Assault weapons ban. This will require registration of my M1 Carbine with a bayonet lug and my Mini-14 that has a flash suppressor. I'm still not sure if my pistol caliber lever action rifles that hold more than 7 rounds will also be considered assault weapons. This is feel-good political bull**** that is worthy of ignoring. New York State just created a million new felons. IMO don't get rid of or modify your assault firearms until the NRA loses its lawsuit. This is just the beginning, your muzzleloaders will soon be next in NYS!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts