Perfect Union banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was re-reading an article from last year's Guns & Ammo about wood laminate stocks. Do y'all know a place that sells wood laminate stocks for the mini-14? I've checked Boyd's Gunstock Industries which appears to have only one type for the mini-14 (unfinished). I'd appreciate any suggestions on places to look.

Thanks

·
Registered
540 Posts
Brownells sells 2 different kinds. One is a Zero and is a thumbhole (not good for Kalifornia) and the other is from Clark Custom.

I actually have a Ruger factory laminiate stock black/grey on my Ranch Rifle. I've taken it to the range twice and is in excellent condition. I'm replacing it with an aftermarket synthetic as I don't like the length on pull and the butt shape of the factory style.
Anyone interested?

·
Registered
60 Posts
djskit,
I'd be interested. Send me a picture and a price directly to: [email protected].

Gray-black huh? I was under the impression that they only made a factory green/black. Anyway, yes I'd be interested.
Talk to ya later,
Mike in Oregon

NW Shooters Support
Beaverton, Oregon
"Mike in Oregon" <[email protected]>
Ballistics Consulting & Pressure testing
Laser Rangefinder & Varmint Bench Rental
Moly Coating
.45acp to .450 Magnum/.45Super Conversion Kits
Ruger Mini-14/30 Gas Port Kit, shok-buffs & 4lb triggers
Ruger 10/22 trigger work

·
Registered
540 Posts
Just e-mailed ya Mike-
Its just like the laminate on the stainless Ruger#1 if you've seen it. We're talkin ruger factory laminated stock. Perhaps just as rare as the ruger factory hi cap mags? :p
Perhaps not. :(

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've got a Clark Laminate stock from Brownells. I like it but it is heavy compared to wood or composite. BTW, they don't fit the Mini-30, you have to modify it. Mine is on a 30 with a Shilen barrel and a excellent trigger job.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Originally posted by djskit
Just e-mailed ya Mike-
Its just like the laminate on the stainless Ruger#1 if you've seen it. We're talkin ruger factory laminated stock. Perhaps just as rare as the ruger factory hi cap mags? :p
Perhaps not. :(
djskit,
I checked my e-mail, I don't see anything from you. Please e-mail me directly w/ a price. I'd like to see a picture but yes I know what it should look like. What kind of butt plate does it have? Flat rubber or curved plastic carbine style?
Thanks,
Mike in Oregon
[email protected]

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
djskit

Hey leave me a post if Mike in Oregon changes his mind about the stock. If he does, I'd be interested...

Thanks

·
Registered
541 Posts
Check with Ruger.I have a factory one that is green,red,& black on my stainless ranch.I installed a 1 inch buttpad from Bushmaster,very nice.This stock is strong and BEAUTIFUL.It's as stable as they come.This type wood was once used to make airplane propellers!:sniper:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts