Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey mini fans,
I have a 581 M30 SS ranch.
First question- I saw a few weeks ago on georgia-arms.com 300 rounds of 7.62 brass (once fired and reloaded i think) for $100. Its no longer on the site, probably sold out. Anyone know where I can get affordable brass?
Second question- I was shooting steel cased Tula ammo mostly, so I bought a Wolff extra power hammer spring. The first time i shot it with the new spring, I had more FTFs than before. I just put the factory spring back in but havent had a chance to test it yet. Whats the deal?
(excuse the lack of punctuation and capitalization, too lazy haha)
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
most mini 30's dont run wolf or tula well. But many of us have had great success with golden bear and silver bear. Sportsman guide and midwayusa usually have plenty for the best price.
i dont know about the spring. I think pin striking depth is an issue as well, not juts how hard. Try golden/silver bear, it's more accurate anyway.

·
Registered
8,477 Posts
I've had just a couple makes of steel-cased X39 doing well in my M30.
one is norinco the other the yugo made by PP. both do as well as any USA made maybe a bit sootydirty side

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did get the one box of silver bear that they had at the range a couple of weeks ago and i liked that a lot, it ran good and it looks cool to boot. The only reason I asked is because the first 100-150 rounds of tula ran good. I am going to look online and get either some golden or silver bear. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
FWIW, I'd leave the Wolff spring in the toolbox. Some have theorized that an extra-power spring speeds up the process of weakening/damaging the firing pin. The problem with foreign 7.62x39 seems to be the Mini-30's firing pin protrusion. From what I've read, it's not quite enough to reliably fire some brands of ammo.

Suffice it to say, it appears it's not the force of the pin that's the issue, it's the protrusion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts