Perfect Union banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brownell's has a stronger hammer spring for the Mini-30. I ordered one. Not being patient enough to wait for the spring, this is what I did:
Remove spring, lengthen it about .030 by spreading the coils, using a tapered chisel, making sure to rotate to keep the spring straight.
Yesterday, only 3 out of 5 rounds fired.
Today, 80 out of 80 rounds fired!!!!!!
Next chore is to figure out how to tweek ALL these ****full hi-cap mags that have set new standards in the world of offensively cheap, untested, non quality controlled, insulting trash. Why can't these Bozos make a 7.62X39 Mini-30 mag that works???? We have to keep blowing money on postage sending these pieces of **** back to companies that, by now, MUST KNOW THAT THESE MAGS SUCK. I've already e-mailed Tripple K complaining about the two 20 round turds that I got from CTD.com. Let's all just flood all these, and other, garbage peddlers with complaints until one of them realizes that they could make some serious money by cornering the market by being the ONLY outfit to make a hi-cap mag that actually works. We're not asking much, are we?
Joe

·
Registered
18 Posts
Joe - since no one is answering your question

My understanding is - the reason no manufacturer is making reliable high capacity magazines is - they cannot legally make them

Manufacturing of high capacity, detachable magazines was banned in 1982. When this ban was announced, a bunch of manufacturers started making as many as possible before the deadline. Quality took a backseat - they just made as many as they could.

So basically what you can buy are 20 year old, unused, crappy magazines that have been sitting in a warehouse - sold as brand new.

My guess is that they sold the best ones first - they will only get worse and more expensive as time goes on.

There are a few high quality pre-ban magazines made by Ruger that are selling for $90 to $100.

I am no expert on this - just passing on what I have read
- anyone else have more info ?

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Thats about the same as I've heard Joe. I wonder if a foreign country could make, and import good quality hi-cap mags? They probably have a ban on imports also.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks,
But the 10 rounders are just as bad. Could'nt somebody today still manufacture 10 rounders?
The hot ticket would be to make a good 10 rounder, and make the followers and floorplates easy to remove, and make the mags stackable!! 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, .....................
Joe

·
Registered
427 Posts
joe2hewes,

I admire the tone of defiance in your posts. Your stacking idea is pretty good.

Soon, I think, we'll all be less concerned about what's legal.

I predict that next year, the local police will be wearing UN flag shoulder patches. Half the police in my city wear American flags on their shoulder and half of them don't. I guess it's a personal choice.

KC

·
Registered
567 Posts
KC---I believe you'll find out that the reason all your local cops don't wear American flags on thier uniforms isn't quite as sinister as you imagine. Like many taxpayers you'd think that stuff like that is part of thier uniform but in fact I'll bet you'll find that the flags are paid for by the officers just as everything else is. Cops even have to pay for thier own ammo to practice with. They are usually given X number of rounds to qualify & if it takes anymore than that it comes out of thier pocket. I'm sure there are exceptions to this but more likely than not this is the case. As for the UN walking our streets, I'm pretty sure you've got little to worry about there. The UN can't afford to walk any streets unless we pay for it.

Just my 2¢
Bushwack

·
Registered
18 Posts
Bushwack - I know what you mean about cops paying for their own American Flag patches - I'm a figherfighter and we are in the process of attaching an American flag to each of our fire trucks - the city won't pay for them - we took up a collection from our fire fighters.

You stated the cops have to pay for their own ammo to practice - at least the city gives us firefighters free water to practice with ...

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Hangman, shshshsh, don't give um any ideas!! When I lived in KC Mo. when we had the big gas crunch, the cops were so limited in the gas they could use, they couldn't patrol, they could only park, and respond when something came in. The police, and firefighters should have any thing they need, because they save our bacon every day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Put up two booths "Kiss a Cop" & "Kiss a Fireman" which one will have sprinkles on thier donuts the next day!!! It's just because of that that the Cops look at thier weapons, pistol & Stick, pretty much like they do thier ball point pens. They are tools & part of the job. Most street Cops would be hard pressed to actually use thier weapons. Why? Little training. In steps the Special Weapons & Tactics guys! These guys are the ones who're eating up the departmental funds. In very few circumstances do Cops ever stop a crime from happening, they usually show up after the crime. It's the nature of the job.

Stepping off my soapbox
Bushwack

1 - 9 of 9 Posts