Perfect Union banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ya'll, first time here great sight. I bought a mini 14 about a year ago. Its already been modified somewhat. Anyway it has a "williams" rear sight (see picture) which seems very good. It does seem somewhat unstable however as its mounted by only one bolt to the mini. Does anyone have any info on this sight...is it worth keeping? I ask because I lost one of the screws and I need to get another screw or another sight.

What rear sight would you recomend? This gun has a folding stock and I won't use it for hunting. I would rather have a tactical type sight if possible? It must be quick to use, but somewhat acurate.

Thanks in advance!
Dan

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I answer to my own question... I found williams gun sight on the internet. ( http://www.williamsgunsight.com/ ) There online catalog is very brief so I called and talked to one of their service people. I got excellent customer service in my opinion. The told me they would sent out the correct missing screw right away. (Which has caused the sight to move alittle in its absence.) Its nice to not have to pay $3 for a missing screw, which has happened to me alot between this sport and Mtn biking.

I think I'm going to keep the peep sight on the mini, I really am able to acguire the target pretty quick with this type of apature.

Dan

·
Registered
1 Posts
As new guy to this BBS, and only occasional shooter, got a question for any of you Mini 14 guys.

I own a Mini 14, love it, but need to fix or have fixed the original peep sight. What's the best way to fix peep sight so that when I fire weapon numerous times the pin securing the peep sight (hinge pin?) wants to work its way out of the sight.

Looking forward to your replies.

Cosmo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts