Perfect Union banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I am new to the forum, and a new mini 14 owner. I was given a Mini 14 187 serial ranch wood stock. Since I acquired the mini, I have been doing.research and learning the history of the gun. I was surprized to learn that aftermaket tactical stocks are available and very popular for these rifles. My question is , WILL A TACTICAL STOCK WITH A PISTOL GRIP AND FOLDER MAKE MY MINI ILEGAL? I am looking at the ATI Strike force 6 Position folding stock. Anybody have a better suggestion? I live in Texas,.Hook'em!!

·
Registered
648 Posts
I would get it. It's unlikely you will need to take it off. i have one. I love it. My lovely daughter gave it to me for Christmas and it fits me perfectly. Very adjustable.

God Bless!

Ron

·
Premium Member
3,412 Posts
Hello all. I am new to the forum, and a new mini 14 owner. I was given a Mini 14 187 serial ranch wood stock. Since I acquired the mini, I have been doing.research and learning the history of the gun. I was surprized to learn that aftermaket tactical stocks are available and very popular for these rifles. My question is , WILL A TACTICAL STOCK WITH A PISTOL GRIP AND FOLDER MAKE MY MINI ILEGAL? I am looking at the ATI Strike force 6 Position folding stock. Anybody have a better suggestion? I live in Texas,.Hook'em!!
are you taking about right now or if something happens with the new Assault Rifle scare?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Right now no, if the purposed laws are passed then yes, the mini-14 is listed on the ban list. Hopefully they don't approve it, I honestly don't think it will go through. I have just copied and pasted from Obama's Gun Ban List Is Out

A semiautomatic rifle that accepts a detachable magazine and has:

(i) a folding or telescoping stock,
(ii) a threaded barrel,
(iii) a pistol grip (which includes ANYTHING that can serve as a grip, see
below),
(iv) a forward grip; or a barrel shroud.

Any semiautomatic rifle with a fixed magazine that can accept more than
10 rounds (except tubular magazine .22 rim fire rifles).

purposed ban list:

Rifles (or copies or duplicates):
M1 Carbine,
Sturm Ruger Mini-14,
AR-15,
Bushmaster XM15,
Armalite M15,
AR-10,
Thompson 1927,
Thompson M1;
AK,
AKM,
AKS,
AK-47,
AK-74,
ARM,
MAK90,
NHM 90,
NHM 91,
SA 85,
SA 93,
VEPR;
Olympic Arms PCR;
AR70,
Calico Liberty ,
Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle or Dragunov SVU,
Fabrique National FN/FAL,
FN/LAR, or FNC,
Hi-Point20Carbine,
HK-91,
HK-93,
HK-94,
HK-PSG-1,
Thompson 1927 Commando,
Kel-Tec Sub Rifle;
Saiga,
SAR-8,
SAR-4800,
SKS with detachable magazine,
SLG 95,
SLR 95 or 96,
Steyr AU,
Tavor,
Uzi,
Galil and Uzi Sporter,
Galil Sporter, or Galil Sniper Rifle ( Galatz ).
Pistols (or copies or duplicates):
Calico M-110,
MAC-10,
MAC-11, or MPA3,
Olympic Arms OA,
TEC-9,
TEC-DC9,
TEC-22 Scorpion, or AB-10,
Uzi.
Shotguns (or copies or duplicates):
Armscor 30 BG,
SPAS 12 or LAW 12,
Striker 12,
Streetsweeper

·
Registered
65 Posts
As "Justasking" said its a good stock. I have one as well and I like it a lot very tight fit to the action and you can always put a Ultimak rail on top like I did instead of the screw on barrel shroud.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Its legal in Texas

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, so we are good to go. ATI tactical stock orderd, should arrive by Wednesday. I belive these come with picanny rails for mounting optics top and bottom. Am I correct?

·
Registered
32 Posts
ATI stock has a flat top rail and tri-rail at the for end to mount stuff on the sides as well. I'm hoping that our guns will remain legal as congress is looking more and more unlikely to pass significant legislation thanks to the NRA, Republicans and armed citizens who understand that the right to bear arms is the only thing separating us from tyranny.

·
Premium Member
3,412 Posts
Right now no, if the purposed laws are passed then yes, the mini-14 is listed on the ban list. Hopefully they don't approve it, I honestly don't think it will go through. I have just copied and pasted from Obama's Gun Ban List Is Out

A semiautomatic rifle that accepts a detachable magazine and has:

(i) a folding or telescoping stock,
(ii) a threaded barrel,
(iii) a pistol grip (which includes ANYTHING that can serve as a grip, see
below),
(iv) a forward grip; or a barrel shroud.

Any semiautomatic rifle with a fixed magazine that can accept more than
10 rounds (except tubular magazine .22 rim fire rifles).

purposed ban list:

Rifles (or copies or duplicates):
M1 Carbine,
Sturm Ruger Mini-14,
AR-15,
Bushmaster XM15,
Armalite M15,
AR-10,
Thompson 1927,
Thompson M1;
AK,
AKM,
AKS,
AK-47,
AK-74,
ARM,
MAK90,
NHM 90,
NHM 91,
SA 85,
SA 93,
VEPR;
Olympic Arms PCR;
AR70,
Calico Liberty ,
Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle or Dragunov SVU,
Fabrique National FN/FAL,
FN/LAR, or FNC,
Hi-Point20Carbine,
HK-91,
HK-93,
HK-94,
HK-PSG-1,
Thompson 1927 Commando,
Kel-Tec Sub Rifle;
Saiga,
SAR-8,
SAR-4800,
SKS with detachable magazine,
SLG 95,
SLR 95 or 96,
Steyr AU,
Tavor,
Uzi,
Galil and Uzi Sporter,
Galil Sporter, or Galil Sniper Rifle ( Galatz ).
Pistols (or copies or duplicates):
Calico M-110,
MAC-10,
MAC-11, or MPA3,
Olympic Arms OA,
TEC-9,
TEC-DC9,
TEC-22 Scorpion, or AB-10,
Uzi.
Shotguns (or copies or duplicates):
Armscor 30 BG,
SPAS 12 or LAW 12,
Striker 12,
Streetsweeper
ur list is a bit out dated. That article is from 2009.

·
Odd Pachyderm thingy
1,285 Posts
It will be illegal if the 2013 gun ban law goes into affect. External mag with 1 feature;

pistol grip

I have the ATI strike force on my mini 30 and I like it very much.
not exactly... if put together before the law is enacted, its grandfathered and legal. they cant take away what you already have without due process... (theoretically.)

so it's still legal, for him to posses... selling it in the new stock could be difficult, but not if it is in it's original stock.

buy your stock, keep the receipt - keep it in the case with the rifle, and enjoy. keep the original just in case you decide to part with the rifle... you may or may not need to swap it into the old stock to sell it depending on what happens in the future.

·
Libertarian
295 Posts
No rails on the ATI. I went with a weigand and love it. If you want to go with ATI rails then youll have to pop off the covers and bolt them to the stock. I decided against the top rail as m not a fan of the distance the optic would be in that case.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.