Perfect Union banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's everyone's favorite wild game to eat? Got any good recipes to pass along?

:sniper:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Soooo-eeeee
You get the "right" wild pig and you'll be in Hog Heaven:D
You get the wrong wild pig and you'll be think twice before you do that again!:(
Seriously folks, my first pig was a sow that I shot durring the summer and had to hang over night. I ate two pieces of chops and I wanted to YAK! The smoked hams and sauasage are always good.
I shot a big scary fat boar last October and the chops and ribs were DARN GOOD!
My wife boiled the ribs for 10 minutes and slow cooked them in the crock pot with tomatoes and veggies and a bunch seasonings and it was DARN GOOD!
I'm goin pig huntin' in May and git me a nuther won:D

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Black Bear...mmmmmmmmm tasty. Never had the Musk Ox.

:sniper:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Antelope from eastern Montana!! Stinking SOB to clean but wonderful on a plate!!! Also like Canada Geese done in a baking bag for the same mount of time you would do a turkey of the same size. Toothpick bacon strips to the breast to keep from drying out!!! Worst meat had to be Mule Deer from Montana!! Next time I'll buy a doe antelope tag and bring the meat home and save the deer horns and give the meat to the rancher!! Also and I figured ya'll would like this, groundhogs are just like overgrown rabbits!! When you get a rear leg of a groundhog on your plate, you've got a piece of meat!!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
the only "wild" game i've ever had was some venison (deer). One of our neighbors was an avid hunter and gave us all the venison we wanted... tastes like stringy beef in my opinion. Still good though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Venison back straps, marinated with a injector, usually a terioki or itallion dressing.
wrap bacon around and pin with tooth picks, cook on grill with wood chips of desired flavor till med or med well. Slice after cookin is done.
Yea buddy! :beer:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts