Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something I can't figure is why this stick seems to be disliked... it has lots of rail-istate, adjustable cheek weld it folds AND collapses, takes a commercial tube stock, and seems to be made of pretty stout glass reinforced polymer (From drilling it for the 6” bottom rail, it seems to have a lot of glass in it).

I have heard of the trouble getting a good weld for the irons... but I seem to be able to get to them by using the tube as my weld spot...

SO… why the dislike?

·
Registered
211 Posts
If i had to guess i would say that most of the mini 14 fans are old school so this version of the mini represents what they wanted to get away from.

From the other side the AR fans see a mini with all the options they were sure was AR only so they dislike the fact there is less to list when trying to convince mini fans there platform is better. lol

Just my guess.

·
Registered
9 Posts
To me it just doesn't look right. It looks like a bubbad sks from the 90's. Yeah I had one. But thankfully outgrew that phase.
That would be a good thread. Let's see your bubbad mini's.

·
Registered
378 Posts
If i had to guess i would say that most of the mini 14 fans are old school so this version of the mini represents what they wanted to get away from.

From the other side the AR fans see a mini with all the options they were sure was AR only so they dislike the fact there is less to list when trying to convince mini fans there platform is better. lol

Just my guess.
Those are some good points...;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have both the ATI version and the Tactical mini-14. I use them both and so does my wife. She likes the ATI a little better, A bit easier to hold.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Those are some good points...;)
Thanks bro. :D

I have the mini 5846 and love the thing since i love the AR platform but feel no need to put that much in to a gun for shooting small game (VA will not let you hunt deer with a 223) so i will be getting my Armalite AR-10 308 in a few days for big jobs and have the mini 5846 for small game, plinking and SHTF type stuff.

As for the haters out there "don,t hate" it is still are old friend the mini.:)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Lots of guys buy Mini 14's because they want a semi auto .223 that looks like a traditional rifle, so those same guys hate anything tactical on Minis.

I personally have handled a Mini 14 with a ATI stock, and I thought it was pretty cool. I don't think I would want one on my Mini, it just takes some of the character away from the rifle if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
22 Posts
For me, its i like to keep it simple, lightweight, i prefer a synthetic regular ruger or hogue stock with sling. If i wanted to make her look like a ar15, i would get my ar15 out of my safe!!!!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
To me it just doesn't look right. It looks like a bubbad sks from the 90's. Yeah I had one. But thankfully outgrew that phase.
That would be a good thread. Let's see your bubbad mini's.
Is it still Bubba'd if it comes from the factory with that set up?

·
Registered
211 Posts
For me, its i like to keep it simple, lightweight, i prefer a synthetic regular ruger or hogue stock with sling. If i wanted to make her look like a ar15, i would get my ar15 out of my safe!!!!!
This is just my point, i like the ar options but the mini action and price tag and on top of that i hate spending money on a caliber i already have.

Its like Ruger made the model: 5846 just for me so i could get what i wanted from both guns but with one price tag.:D

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I really hated the grip and you can't swap it out for something else.

You can mod the Magpul stuff fairly easy...

·
<3 Ruger
1 Posts
GPWASR10!!!!

I joined Perfect Union to look more into options for this stock, and you just (partially) answered my question. If i get one of these ATI stocked Mini's, i want to put the Magpul furniture on it. What did you have to do to the pistol grip to make it work?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
GPWASR10!!!!

I joined Perfect Union to look more into options for this stock, and you just (partially) answered my question. If i get one of these ATI stocked Mini's, i want to put the Magpul furniture on it. What did you have to do to the pistol grip to make it work?
I didn't actually do this mod, I got it off of another website. But as I understand it, it was failry easy to do with just a little cutting filing and drilling. I twas a simple mod. I am willing to bet that if you buy the grip, it will be fairly easy to figure it out.

BTW, the Stock tube is Commercial Spec IF you are doing a magpul stock.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts