Perfect Union banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm still going with the authentic and cool look!
The yugo looks awesome without any modifications. Here's my M59/66A1 unissued. I have since applied some finishing wax and buffed the stock and it looks really nice. Will have to take some more pictures.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Well, since I got my Yogo SKS I purchased one of those golf ball launchers for it. So now it sits in my golf bag in lieu of my driver. You would not believe how it has improved my game.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Well, since I got my Yogo SKS I purchased one of those golf ball launchers for it. So now it sits in my golf bag in lieu of my driver. You would not believe how it has improved my game.
that golf ball launcher is a blast even with just blanks should try to get actual grenade launching rounds adds about another 150 yards. and if ya can find a rifle grenade attachment for a M-1 garand and use the golf ball launcher with it and a actual 30-06 grenade launching round its absolutely insane only downside you rarely find your golf balls.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
I've not been around fireworks for decades, and don't know where to buy (former) Warsaw Pact grenades.

Are modern versions of the old small 'cherry bomb' or M-80s still made, which could be made to launch around July 4th?

Going to 'mark' D-Day today by going with a friend (originally from Germany) to a local river and shoot bricks and coke jugs with my British-made Lee Enfield Jungle Carbine, Nor. SKS or Mini 30 (a la M-1), and His AR-15.
Is this ironic (and he has never owned a Mauser)?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Roll pin for grenade launcher...

Hmmmm...ever since I pressed that .125" roll pin through the grenade launcher and muzzle, my accuracy has degraded considerably....
...plus my barrel seems rather bloated!
Beats me, man!

N'yuk, n'yuk!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I think a more pertinent question might be "Why do people take the grenade launchers off Yugos?" If you don't like grenade launchers, don't buy historical rifles that have grenade launchers.

G

·
Gl

people took the bayonet of the russian carbines and found they dont shoot where they should.that might happen to the sks.besides it helps keep the muzzel down when shooting.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Another reason to leave it on is because of the C&R status the Yugo has. If you remove the GL, the rifle is no longer in 'original military configuration', and no longer qualifies as a C&R arm. It then become a non-importable weapon and you have to play the 10 parts or less game according to the provisions of 922(r).

Doc

·
Registered
833 Posts
I find this question amusing... I LEFT the grenade launcher on my Yugo SKS because... imagine this, now... I ACTUALLY LAUNCH ( dud) GRENADES off of it!!! I know!!! Crazy talk, right?!?!? I mean who would have imagined SUCH a use?!?!?

I get close to a hundred yards without a grenade attacked to the launcher, and about 50-65 with.

I still have hundreds of blanks to send them off...

AND...

I know THIS will defy belief...

I attach a GOLF BALL LAUNCHER to it... and launch golf balls into the next county!!

Talk about a hoot!!!

You go taking your grenade launcher off, and you have just NEUTERED one of the most FUN parts of a Yugo SKS you could possibly have!!

You have NO IDEA the fun you are missing out on!!!

:lol:

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you remove the grenade launcher then you can not launch grenades. (BTW: the M59/66 uses standard NATO spec rifle grenades, not "Warsaw Pact" units) If you remove the bayonet then you can not use the bayonet. If you simply want a shorter SKS, buy a shorter SKS and leave the M59/66 alone! If you have a M59/66 and want something different, trade it for something different! If you bought a $60 "cracked stock special" from AIM years ago that had no finish on it and did not cycle, and wanted a rifle that did not exist... MAKE ONE

Attachments

·
Naqam Qum
211 Posts
Part of buying the Yugo is being able to buy a military firearm that for an SKS, came in a unique configuration. Dont like it take it off, if you like it keep it. Either way, ya aint gonna be shootin any damn grenades with it!!!!!!!!!:lol:

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
I like the launcher.

I made a bad mistake about 5 years ago.
I bought 20 Yugo's, brand new. Each had tiger stripe in the stock for $2000.00. Not one scratch, not one dent in the stock. They were the best I have ever seen.
I was going to keep two for myself, but got talked out of them. They were all gone in less than a week once the word was out how nice they were at just $150.00.
I had all 20 sold for $150 each, in the box, you clean them. Made some good money, but at the time, I thought they would stay low priced because the AK 47 was the big thing.

I wish I had a couple now, they were the nicest Yugo's I've ever seen.

The gernade launcher is kind of different. I mean how many weapons come with one, pretty darn cool.

John K

·
Registered
345 Posts
i left mine on just in case the zombies attack. i figure i can get atleast a couple at once with a grenade. same goes for the bayonet purely there for zombies.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts