Perfect Union banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a recoil buffer from BufferTechnologies in Jefferson City MO, for my 14/5 Ruger Mini 14. The product did not fit, and modification of the buffer only made things worse. (BufferTechnologies states: may require simple modification - what a joke!)

Anyone know of a company who makes a recoil buffer for this rifle, that actually fits? I would appreciate any information.

Thanks,

MiniMan1

[This message has been edited by MiniMan1 (edited 09-08-1999).]

·
Registered
759 Posts
Mike Knifong's buffer works better. He tossed one in for me on a package deal I did with him but I was hesitant to use it. I had already blown the $$ on the one you have. Well rather than sanding the piece of **** down I just installed Mike's. Problem solved. BTW anyone need a buffer technologies recoil buffer? May require some modification.

·
Registered
759 Posts
TD,

Got anything to trade? I have 1 AGI mini 14 video. Set of 3 gassportbushings. Mike Knifong's glassbedding video. 1 recoilbuffer. 2 aftermarket 40rnders that work. One choate composite stock. 1 wgrs rear site for ranch mini.

I have watched both videos several times and pretty much have them memorised. The bushings are not recomended for my defensive purposes. The 40rnders provide too much temptation to melt my barrel. I have decided on a red dot site so dont need the old one. The choat is a nice stock but they did'nt tell me that the darn thing is longer than the old wood one. I have short arms. Send me an email at [email protected]
oh yeah I have one factory 40 rnd mag in perfect condition.

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
You guys almost had me. I started to welcome Rick to the forum, till I noticed his only post was this one back in 1999.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Zydeco,
Don't know if you still have the choate stock or not but I too got one of these stocks and was surprised to see it was a lot longer than the factory stock. I have the same problem of short arms so what I did was took the gun apart, took off the rubber butt pad and put the stock on a regular wood chop saw. I taped the area that I was going to cut, made a nice straight cut and reinstalled the butt pad. Then I used a mouse hand sander to conture the butt pad to the new size of the stock. It came out very nicely and allowed me to make it any size I wanted, although I made it the factory stock length. I really like the choate stock compared to some of the other composite stock, seems to be heavier duty and tighter tolerances than others I have seen. Give it a try, it's easy and you will end up with semi custom job you did yourself. Good luck.

·
Registered
139 Posts
After I installed a Buff.Tech. buffer,I started to get malfs. When I called them they said,dont worry,well send ya a new one. The one they sent was shaved down,but it was shaved lopsided. I just shaved the original down,nice & even. It made a little diff. I bet if I took it out,it might eliminate ALL malfs? Ive heard all recoil buffers are malfmakers.Well see.......

·
Registered
61 Posts
Could one make a buffer out of some rubber belting? Just use a hole puch for leather for the gude rod, and then just shape it with an exacto knife? It has a couple layers of string, or cord's in the rubber, its under 1/4" thick. How thick are the knifong's buffers? This stuff is used where I work, for conveyors, I work at a potato farm... the job is verry hard and stressfull, and it pays mexican worker wages(im in canada though).... but at least you get to eat all the potatos you can handle?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts