Perfect Union banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been shooting & come up with some ideas, I feel that the 30rd magazines for the mini 14 ranch is the best.

Reasons are very simple,

1 I need a large magazine

2 I need to be able to shoot in the prone position with my Harris bipod. Can not use a 40rd magazine, unless I increase the bipods legs, but when I increase the legs my accuracy decreases.

3 Largest magazine with bipod is 30 rounds.

4 40rd mags have more problems than the 30rd.

5 30rd magazines looks great when together with rifle.
:ar15:

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
When I hunt I like the 5 rd, less weight to carry all day, but I am ordering some 10rd mags I might like better. I like the 20's for plinking, and only have a box or two to shoot, but when I get my reloads worked out the 30 rd mags will probably get more use.

·
Registered
716 Posts
cajungeo: In my state, the most you can carry when hunting is 5-round magazines. Anything more and you are in trouble.

gunrunner: Another factor - the 30 rounders are a heck of a lot easier to find than 40's

·
Registered
102 Posts
I don't hunt, but for target shooting I normally use John Masen 10-round magazines. I also have a couple of PMI 20-rounders. Anything longer than 20 rounds gets in my way.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have a stainless 15round mag. that I use for all kinds of shooting. Not too long or short works just about right with a bipod. The mag was made by USA. Should have bought more.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Originally posted by KING
I have a stainless 15round mag. that I use for all kinds of shooting. Not too long or short works just about right with a bipod. The mag was made by USA. Should have bought more.
a USA mag that works!?!?!? wow

1 - 7 of 7 Posts