Perfect Union banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a new 581 5.56 shooter now and been looking locally for a Mini-14 Stainless Ranch Rifle (or LE or tactical would be good) and found none not even the blue steel barreled. Any one have any idea where to start looking?

I had one but had to sell it. It was that or my reamed Spec II Mini 6.8 that would be near impossible to replace.

·
Banned
7,374 Posts
Gunbroker.com. After the event of last friday, and the Politicians trying to outdo each other with the gungrabbing, get what you can while you can! The normal distribution channels have dried up since election day. Unfortunately you will probably have to pay a premium price to get a mini now. Gunbroker usually has about 750 mini's for sale at any one time. there are less than 200 now. I think there is a real danger of all semiautomatic centerfire rifles being outlawed or severely restricted. Good luck!

·
AC-556 Owner
740 Posts
Gunbroker.com. After the event of last friday, and the Politicians trying to outdo each other with the gungrabbing, get what you can while you can! The normal distribution channels have dried up since election day. Unfortunately you will probably have to pay a premium price to get a mini now. Gunbroker usually has about 750 mini's for sale at any one time. there are less than 200 now. I think there is a real danger of all semiautomatic centerfire rifles being outlawed or severely restricted. Good luck!
I doubt the mini will be on any ban. It wasnt on the last assault weapons ban because it doesnt have a pistol grip, flash hider and bayonet lug.

Even in California its not banned

·
Registered
271 Posts
I doubt the mini will be on any ban. It wasnt on the last assault weapons ban because it doesnt have a pistol grip, flash hider and bayonet lug.

Even in California its not banned
These are crazy times we are living in, so anything is possible. :unsure:

·
Registered
62 Posts
I thought I bought a new mini yesterday from kygunco but got an email this morning there inventory was off and I am out of luck. I passed on an stainless and a tactical Monday at local place because of price, now I got nada.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Old Bill Ruger used to keep things conservative, or low profile anyway. Minis just weren't on the radar for a long time (remember when it was really hard to get factory magazines higher than 5-round capacity?). I'm sure there were some campaign donations here and there that helped smooth things out as well.

Now that the new guys are running the show at Ruger I'm not sure we can stay out of range (ahem) of the new laws coming.

Here's a military saying: Embrace the Suck.

I mourn not only those little kids, but my country too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.