Perfect Union banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the forum and have an older mini-14 and a newer ranch model but would like to get an accurized mini-14. I don't know where to find one though.
I found a website for accuracy systems - but it looks like I would have to send them a rifle for them to accurize. is there any place I can just buy one already built?
thanks in advance
Joe

· ZORT member
994 Posts
I don't know what your plan is with your Mini. Here is my thought on being super accurate. Please don't take this the wrong way.

Why do you need to have a dime sized group? As long as I can be within 2" group at 100 yds I would be happy. I'm looking at this as a SHTF situtation. What would you need to kill to survive that you would need to be more accurate than 2" group. Small animals to large animals 2" group should be sufficient.

On the other hand If you are looking to spend a bunch of money I would get a good bolt action.

If you are dead set on making the mini more accurate you might get lucky and find someone who is selling theirs. Other than that you would probably have to send yours off to be done.

I'm sticking an accu-strut on mine and eventually getting a bedding done, also a trigger job.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I just want one of my 3 minis to be as accurate as I can make it as the other ones are 183 and 581 series and are fun and all but the 183 is not accurate while the 581 is reasonable. I already have a great Rem 700 bolt action but it's a bucking bronco to shoot although I have killed 2 boar and 1 deer with it. :)
thx
Joe

· ZORT member
994 Posts
Since you have 3 mini's I can understand. I was thinking you only had one and nothing else.

I wish I had the extra money to add to what I already have. No luck though.

Keep your eyes open. A good deal is around every day, you just have to find it.

· Registered
53 Posts
WhyA not just accurize one of yours? When I was making my 1999 purchased mini accurate a ACCUSTRUT cut groups from a foot to less than 2"!!! I then had a trigger job done, had it bedded, put in a gas bushing to keep the brass from flying a mile and had the barreled action frozen. Last time I shot it it shot a 1.4" group at v100yards with a 20 round mag shooting from a cold to very hot barrel! Probably cost me less than $250.

· Registered
76 Posts
I guess I just want one of my 3 minis to be as accurate as I can make it as the other ones are 183 and 581 series and are fun and all but the 183 is not accurate while the 581 is reasonable. I already have a great Rem 700 bolt action but it's a bucking bronco to shoot although I have killed 2 boar and 1 deer with it. :)
thx
Joe
You might consider the "Stabilizer" package from Accuracy Systems, think it comes with the sleeve, a trigger job and bedding for around $350 on your rifle; and seeing as how the work is considered a repair, you can send it UPS and have it sent right back to your doorstep.

I had mine "built to the hilt" by these guys and they are great to deal with and know what to do with the Mini...mine went from a 10" group at 100yds to .475" at 100yds!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.