Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just been given an Iver Johnson lever action 22lr by my brother who lost interest in it about 10 years ago. It looks almost identical to a 22lr win. lever, but feels much tighter made. Says made in West Germany but also USA. Never heard of one.
Cleaned it for the first time in it's life the other day and took it out, it shoots very well and is a very tight gun.
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Sounds like your gun was one made by Erma Werke in Germany for Iver Johnson. These were rather well made guns but don't have a lot of collector interest. If memory serves me right you might find that the current Henry 22s made in NY are the same guns. Seems as though I remember Henry buying the patents/machinery at the bankruptcy sale from Erma. Value about $115 in 90% condition.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input, I wasn't really considering selling it, I was just curious about a gun that seemed really well made that I had never heard of. But as for shape it has not been treated all that well, it cleaned up nicely except for a few dents in the funiture and a partial palm print that I can't get out of the bluing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts