Perfect Union banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
none of my past suppliers has any - at least when I contacted about.
in the past I would order at least 5 boxes (of 10 trays) partnered with shooting acquaintances to share the haz-mat fee.
surely wish I had taken precaution now I'm getting seriously low on LRP and SP. likely enough for my needs but loaded for nephews and couple of buddies before and now can't spare.
also low on #10 caps for BP revolvers.
plenty of powder, most bullets and cases but -- w/out primers and/or caps - no go bang.

·
Registered
8,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went down hard with L5 fracture Dec 28 2019 and didn't even think to try to access primers when I left extended care, was back in EC early august by the time I got home from that ammo, bullets and primers were not to be found I need primers and percussion caps badly should anyone find a source please advise.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Ammo companies and scalpers are buying them up imo so what little is available cost waaaay too much. Add the political element and the uncertain future of firearm legislation everyone is scared. A comment that I read the other day made sense to me, the Second Amendment says we have a right to our firearms but doesn’t say anything about ammunition or reloading supplies.

·
Banned
1,257 Posts
Ammo companies and scalpers are buying them up imo so what little is available cost waaaay too much. Add the political element and the uncertain future of firearm legislation everyone is scared. A comment that I read the other day made sense to me, the Second Amendment says we have a right to our firearms but doesn’t say anything about ammunition or reloading supplies.
ammunition is protected by the 2A, as ammo is an integral part of a firearm...basically 1 wont work without the other, so BOTH are needed to posses a working firearm...BUT as we have seen, the constitution is just toilet paper for the demtards..so it really doesnt matter what laws or rights are out there, there all going to be cancled..

Does the Second Amendment apply to ammo?
The Second Amendment protects "arms," "weapons," and "firearms"; it does not explicitly protect ammunition. ... Thus "the right to possess firearms for protection implies a corresponding right" to obtain the bullets necessary to use them.Sep 5, 2019

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
My opinion FWIW is the covid delivery guys are choking off the raw materials for powders and primers and nobody want's to talk about it and piss them off. Because lets face it, the ammo manufacturers don't use what 20 different brands of powder for their loads? I don't think so. And we know dam good and well all of these (first time buyers) ain't magically turned into reloaders at the same time. So what makes sense, raw material created shortage fits.

·
Registered
8,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the antis could use the argument that the founding father's guns were muzzle load, spark ignited - rock-lock (flints scraping frizzens)
thankfully there are enough pros out here using 9mm guns - 9mm is slowly becoming available, but at outrageous price with some of the 'premium loads' 2$ a pop.

·
Banned
2,863 Posts
And Hodgdon now has the monopoly on pretty much all powders made/sold in the U.S. ......

·
Registered
8,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BTTT please, anyone know of a source - that won't try to gouge??

·
Registered
369 Posts
And now theres a paper shortage of all things so I’m guessing there are primers by the millions in mason jars and 55 gal drums at cci, winchester and federal but no cardboard sleeves so they cant be sold. Will it ever end?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts