Perfect Union banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the not too distant future I'm gonna want to purchase a small easy to conceal revolver. What do ya'll carry or recomend ? I have pistols just wanted to pick up a small wheelgun.:usa:

·
Registered
102 Posts
I love my M40 S&W Centennial model. The concealed hammer makes it smooth coming out of a pocket or from under a shirt. No hang-ups at all.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree the concealed or bobbed hammer is definitely a must on a CCW revolver.:usa:

G

·
I carry a hammerless Taurus. 5 shots, .38 special, 2" barrel, stainless steel. I use an IWB holster. It's easy to conceal with an untucked shirt or a tucked shirt and vest.

I don't care for the sights, though. The stainless finish and lack of dots makes them tough to line up in bright light, as least for me. I've been thinking of taking some M-nu and temporarily blackening the front sight blade to see if it makes it any easier.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback folks! :usa:

·
Registered
723 Posts
The Ruger SP101 .357 mag with a 2 3/4 inch barrel is my favorite off duty Revolver. They are built twice as strong as need be and my gun shoots better than I can.:ar15

·
Registered
15 Posts
I like the older Smith & Wesson J-frames, and the "old model"
Collt D-frames. With that said, S&W models 36, 37, 38, 40,
42, & 60 come to mind. Along those same lines, Colt's Agent,
Cobra, and Detective Special are worthy of consideration.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Smith and Wesson Model 60 .357 Mag 2.1875" Snubnose loaded with Winchester White Box 110 grain JHP' .357's and accompanied by Bianchi Speed strips.

The 110 is not the best load by a long shot but it is very accurate and easy to control for me. I am not worried about it penetrating a car door. I do carry Winchester White Box 125 Grain .38 Special + P's from time to time like in our Office, home or in an area where there will be crowds.

Frankly, I just don't thing there is a better concealment handgun than a solid, tuned snubnose revolver in the hands of a trained individual.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm with ya Rugster. The sp101, toss the junk grip and add the Hogue Micro, tweak the action and you've got one bad little buddy....Mark

·
Registered
60 Posts
S&W 10 M&P 2"
I can't bear to bob the hammer on it but wouild be better if it was.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts