Perfect Union banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
25 grns AA2230 with 55 grain V-Max's and 24 grns RL10X with the same bullet. Pick the one that is the most accurate for your rifle. My primer and case is what ever I can find. kwg

·
Registered
832 Posts
You must use a reloading manual to come up with your own favorite recipies for your own rifle. You can get powder or bullet recommendations, but you must follow the manual components to the T. The manuals cover a broad range of powders, bullets and primers to give you some flexibility with what's available, or what works best in your rifle, but you must stay within the parameters of a proven recipie in a reloading manual. Switch primer and mess up your rifle. Switch bullet and mess up your face. The choice is yours. Always compare a load on the internet with a load in a manual. There are plenty of trolls on this forum that would love it if your rifle went BLOOEY!

fishslayerbob

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Fish!!

Stop being so logical. This is the only time we can sound like we know something.

I can only say I've had consistant luck with those 2 loads. Personally, I like to go lighter in bullet weight with the Mini's to get better accuracy. I start at 55's and go down to 53's, 52's, and 50's with the same powder charge. The 52 and 53 grain hollow points are good shooters in my skinny barrel Mini. 50 grain V-Max's are just as good.

If you have a 581 and newer you might get better accurracy with a heavier bullet. Load a bunch up and enjoy. kwg

·
communism hater
3,917 Posts
I load 53,55,60,62,65,and 69gr bullets all sierra for my mini-14 and my del-ton ar with heavy barrel. Both have a 1:9 twist rate. I have used IMR-4895, W748, H335, and Tac powder, tons of different cases. Wolf, Remington, and CCI primers although I favor the CCI 400&450 primers.

My loads with 60gr varmiter bullets,W748 Powder are my mini-14's favorite load with my best group at 1.25'' which seems to be the best I can squeeze out of my mini and Im cool with that.

My del-ton on the other hand shoots almost everything very good with many of my loads coming in under an inch at 100yrds. The most accurate being 69gr sierra with CCI primers and Tac powder. Just over 3/4 inch.

I have done some work on the mini to get the accuracy Im getting now and Im happy with the results and I love my mini-14. I also love to reload and test different loads for my rifles.

·
CantRe Member
628 Posts
27.0 -27.5gr of W748 w/55gr FMJ BT and CCI Magnum primers

Both loads work flawlessly out of my Mini, if fact, can't tell the difference between them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.