Perfect Union banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forums such as the PerfectUnion- are important for guys like myself who have firearm or related questions , that need to be answered. Yet too many times I have posted a thread, then end up with no replies. Are the users just too lazy to help out? I don't know. I thought AR15 was bad for hating Mini-14s, but at least someone answers your post!:mad:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Sorry you are being treated like a dog man. Perhaps its in the way you ask for help. Personally I didn't like this forum at all because I didn't particularily like the answers or opinions I got. Once I opened my eyes I saw what I came for honesty and or sometimes no response, because that was the right answer. We all have a right to an opinion. If you choose not to make a choice you have still made a choice. Get my drift?:confused:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"Perhaps it's the way you ask for help"! C'mon! I've never been rude or disrespectful in any of my posts. What I'm saying is that only a few guys ever respond to posts, it seems the rest of the users would rather just sit on their tails and not help out..i.e. present a post. That is what makes a Website a success! Input from different points of view. Thas all I was saying. Dogman Out....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Your quote:
"Forums such as the PerfectUnion- are important for guys like myself who have firearm or related questions , that need to be answered."

The need for answers is yours alone, if you would have siad I would like to have answered, I would not have been so critical. It is obvious that what you need is more important than what everyone else needs or feels.

As for never never being rude.

"Are the users just too lazy to help out?"

Isnt that your quote also?

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Dogman, I try to answer every post in the mini-14 forum, even if I don't know the answer I like to make a helpful sugestion, or provide a link. I keep an eye on the views. If there are few views, then I will get few posts. I started posting in the 10/22 forum a couple of weeks ago, and sometimes more than a week goes by without a reply, So I kinda got frustrated, and chewed everyone out (but in a nice way), then I realized there were very few views, and even then there are many who view that are not members. It takes a while to build up membership. The more contributing members you have, the more that find it interesting, and join in. I know its summer, and people are out partying , and doing other things, so replies are slower in the summer. It takes a little effort from, members. Even 1 post a day helps. It only takes me 5 min to read, and reply to a post, but I try to do it every day so I can keep up, and everyone.
I only recently visted, and posted in the Chit Chat. The other forums I have no interest in at this time, and other moderators handle the day to day. I hope your frustration was not about the mini-14 forum.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CANJUNGEO , you have always answered posts, and have been one of the few consistent contributers who at least try and post an answer or view. People need to get more involved. This website then ..could be as large as AR15.com , or assaultweb.:mad:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Cajungeo - always so political, that's why you got hired. :) Yes, as for me posting, I have to admit I have dropped off a little, but it is surely because I am more busy with work right now. Also, you are right - in the summer months, people don't want to sit around their computers. They want to be in the field plinking, scoping, testing, hunting, sighting in, bedding, hanging junk off their barrels, you know... Partying too!

Also, I know that somewhere on that Mini-14 forum, if you look and search, you WILL find answers to probably 98% of questions. If it has been asked and answered before, it is likely that some of our longer-time members will ignore the posts or simply put links to posts answering the question. I admit, I'm guilty! If I see a question on accurizing using the Black Warrior Double-Brake, I will sometimes ignore it, sometimes answer it, but the question has been asked and answered many times already.

That's why if you read the Mini-14 posts from day 1, as we become more and more knowledgeable, we start talking about the more esoteric aspects of tuning our Mini-14's. See the "Mini-Guitar". I just may try that once. Put about 200 lbs of tension on a guitar thread and guy-wire that barrel in place. :confused:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hey Dogman - I'm always trying to keep things going here. And we certainly need to encourage any and all new people to the sport in general and this site in particular.
I have the luxary of being at a job that allows me liberal computper use. But Satan's right, if one more person posts "what's the best mag for the mini" (not that you did) I'll flip!
Satan is right again in that probably 95% of your questions have been asked several times and answered. You just need to take the time and search. Who's lazy?

Then you go onto chit chat and start hammering us that we won't help you. Do you think that will encourage or discourge people from responding to you in the future? :confused:

I don't want to start a fight and am not trying to be a jerk but this is a community you've joined and it may take a little work to get the hang of how things work.
Good Luck!:beer:

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
I don't know how you guys see this page, but there is a search button ( last button to the right of your control panel ), and all I see is an S as the earch is under the slider bar. But anyhow I use it all the time. You would be surprised at all the posts that come up with muzzle brake or best mag. Your search words will be in red in the posts. It works for me;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts