1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know about you guys but i am having trouble trying
to understand some of the sellers on "THE BAY" , I was checking
out the listings for some mags for my mini-14 and came across
a stainless 30 rounder that i was willing to try out.
I was just about to bid when i read in his item description
"Not for sale in banned states" OK most of you know the deal on Hi- cap sales there the sellers mark them as "10 round" because
it is illegal to sell any mag with over a 10 round capacity on the "THE BAY" so you go by the PIC. My problem is that if a seller can LIE about the capacity of his mags to sell them them there
why would HE feel the need to ENFORCE OTHER states local "laws"? Break one to enforce another??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hey Deerhntr........F$%& the" Bay" as GunBroker.com has all the high cap mags that you will want.....Living in California I know all about high cap mag bans. Lucky for me, I had several before our anti-gunners struck again. You will do business with quality people on "Our Bay."

Larry:usa:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Deerhunter;
I think the seller is saying he will not ship to states where this mag is illegal. He doesnt want BATF trouble. It is not "illegal" to sell them on Ebay, it is only against their "rules"
You were talking about Ebay, werent you?
Regards, AU2
p.s. Tady45 is right regardless, Gunbroken and A/A sells them cheaper anyway.
Did that make sense?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do shop on gunbroker but keep my options open,i did get several VERY hard to get rifle parts on ebay,i just had a problem
with the the seller lying in the item description just to sell his wares then playing lawman when it comes to shipping.
I just feel there is somethig wrong with that:2guns:

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
I think the seller would sell to anyone, and just added "Not for sale in banned states" to cover his "donkey". Ya know? The perception thing!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so ANY private SELLER is responsible for knowing and enforcing
all states local magazine capacity regulations? I always thought
it was the responsibility of the BUYER to know and follow
(if the buyer chooses to) his/hers local laws,I have a problem
myself with sellers who try to enforce other states local
laws because most of the time they dont have a clue as to what they are,I live in New york state where Hi-cap mags are as legal as baseballs but they are ILLEGAL in new york city which is 120
miles from my home,I have had many of these seller refuse to
ship them to me because i live in "New York".
WHAT ARE THE LAWS REGURDING BUYING SHIPPING HI-CAP
MAGS ? If any one knows the facts please tell me.

·
Registered
723 Posts
The guy on ebay was probably covering his own behind, you were given some very good advice as where to buy your mags at Good Luck.:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts