Perfect Union banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what is going on at Thompson Center? I have been trying to buy an Encore pistol for about a month. Nobody has them, nobody can get them. :confused:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mark I am having the same problem with a stainless G2 Contender. I contacted T/C last week and was told via live chat on there website : "We have not manufactured the G2 in almost a year now. It has not been discontinued but at this time I'm not sure when they will be manufactured again." I was also told "to check back in February to see if we have an update." So unless I can find a straggler on somebodies shelf somewhere I don't see a new Stainless G2 in the real near future. I am sure the Encore is the same deal. Since S&W purchased T/C the have been moving all there production facilities I assume. Right now there M&P line is hot and I am sure they are concentrating there manufacturing efforts there. I know that doesn't help us Contender and Encore fans but hopefully the situation will change in the near future.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I talked to Ed last week and he does not have any stainless G2's and he does not know when they will be available again.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I read this thread a little earilier today and would like to ask this question.

If someone was to bring out a new reciever that would be compatable with Contender barrels what would you like to see?
1.. Adjsutable Trigger
2. easier opening
3. Higher pressure ceiling
etc

These are the ideas that I had, what say you?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Those are definitely good suggestions.

A double trigger would be nice
a pull down lever instead of a squeeze
A stock minus the pistol grip (like a Winchester 94)

Hmmm, kind of sounds like I'd want a High Wall with interchangeable barrels!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
You comment about wanting a higher pressure ceiling?

That is a function of the barrel, not the frame. As it stands the Encore can take just about whatever you want to throw at it. The Contender just isn't big enough to pull that off.

·
Registered
77 Posts
FYI I have a SS Super 14 TC Contender barrel in the popular 7-30 Waters cal as well as a G2 frame w/grips, blue. both items like new. they are listed on Gunbroker. Frame auction will end tomorrow. barrel in a few days. Get em while you can.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anyone know what is going on at Thompson Center? I have been trying to buy an Encore pistol for about a month. Nobody has them, nobody can get them. :confused:
Smith & Wesson is what's up at TC. Ever since they bought TC sh*it's been going down hill. It's my firm belief that they bought TC for their casting facilities and to have bolt action rifles in their line up, and everything else be damned.:angry:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Talked to some kind of rep (Rachel Turgeon) via live chat on T/C's website on 02/27/2013 and was told "We don't have an exact date yet, but it will be sometime in the Spring". Hopefully this will happen.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts