Perfect Union banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you recommend a new ak-47 owner to buy ? I look in the Shotgun news and there are so many to choose from.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Norinco`s and Poly-Techs are nice, there are a few knock-offs that are quality built too. Expect to pay from $400.00 to almost 2K postban and preban. I prefer the stamped receiver over the milled, though some prefer the other. If money is no object and your looking for the cream of the crop.....Clayco Imports AK47 is simply the best.....these were before Norinco and Poly-Tech names. Expert craftsmanship.....these were the leaders in this market and were imported prior to 1980 and very rare. They were Military Contract (Chi-Com) demilled to semi-auto. All parts numbered, including the top cover. The rarest of all is the "Green" fiberlite underfolder........a collectors dream.

Romanian SAR`s are cheap and this is one where you get "exactly" what you pay for. Best LTS

·
Registered
27 Posts
Rugster, If you are looking for a shooter the SAR1 is a good buy, I got one about a year ago put 2500 rounds through it and is still a ticken. They had some at www.auctionarms.com for $309.00. Now Robinson armory has the Verpa? I think that is right, they are made in the USSR good quality and it takes hi-cap mags, it is about $550.00. I would go that way if I wonted a new rifle. Good Shooting. :cannon:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts