Perfect Union banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience (good or bad) with spotting scopes at 100 yds? I'm getting winded running a 100yd dash each way, everytime I shoot a group to check it. My scope even on 9 X wont pick up the .224 dia holes at 100 yds. I bought a cheep 20 - 60 x 60mm simmons (49 bucks), and the optics are so poor I can't see the holes. ( I know, you get what you pay for! ). I was thinking about getting a Leupold WindRiver 15-45X60mm. for $199. Has anyone experience with this scope or other that works? Any advise or comments would be appreciated.

·
Registered
685 Posts
i use a very expensive older b&l called space master (i think) it's 15-45x60mm, it works to 150 when the lights right. you will thank yourself later for buying the good optics. oh i only paid 50 bucks for that 350 dollar scope. there was some :beer: :beer: :beer: involved:D

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the come-back boogyman, maby it would help if I had a couple:beer: :beer:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm also shopping around for a good spotting scope. In the meantime I'm using the Birchwood Casey Shoot*N*C which I can see at 100 yards with my 3-9x turned up to 9x

·
Registered
685 Posts
a very good point rusty. i also use them sometimes w/ lower powered slug soope.

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks rusty, I just can't see the .224 dia holes at 100 yds with my 3x9 leupold or my 8 x bushnell binoculars. Am trying to determine if I'm getting 1st hit with 4 flyers, or first flyer with 4 hits with my mini. When I get the firelap kit, and glass bed the stock maby flyers will be a moot point.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have a Russian 30X50 50mm Sibar optics,and an old B&L Discovery 35X I got on EBAY for $45.00.Both work,"I can see a 22 cal hole at 100 yards"The Russian is a good buy at the $60.00 range.Stay away from the newer cheap TASCO's,BSA etc. They don't have the eye releif or clarity to be of any use"you can see your eye lashes going open and close,but not the little 22 cal. holes"If you buy the older Japanese optics TASCO's,these are ussally OK."Just my $.02Aldo PS.If you can afford it get the Lep. Its made in USA and a damn fine spotting scope.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.