Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my first post on this forum, just bought my first level rifle always wanted one, its a winchester 94 ae 30/30 its has weaver bases on it now, i want to put a scope on it , what power scope,would you say, i have be using 160 grn LR hornady ammo,it is to be used on deer and redfox, any help much welcome atvb steve

·
Registered
40 Posts
The strong point of Levers are their quick "handiness".
You'll want something short, light and complements the balance of these rifles. I prefer iron sights like ghost rings & peeps, which they say really helps with aging eyes also. But if your set on a scope, I'd say a fixed 2x or 4x will be fine. A 30-30 is not a long distance round, so you don't need a long distance scope. Just something with a fast "sight acquisition". Figure what you want to shoot with it within 150yds and buy accordingly.

·
Registered
231 Posts
How does the land lay? Woods, fields, brush?
What would be the distance of a normal shot?
With the new Hornady Revolution rounds, the lethal distance of the 30-30 has been extended close to a hundred yards.
If your shots at deer are less than a hundred and you are encountering wood shots, put a 1 X 4 illuminated cross hair on it. In the woods, dial it back to one and it will be like using a red dot. 4 is plenty for 100 or a little more.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have a 4x scope on my wife's 18" Pack Rifle 30-30 and it does fine while still maintaining it's handiness. I used it to take a whitetail doe at 200 yards once.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.