Perfect Union banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been playing with my mini. Bought the ultimak rail and a hilux 2x7 scout scope I dig the set up, but its not the best suited pseudo scout.

So I ditched my lightweight ramline synthetic and got a butler creek folder. I really love how it makes thus gun feel. Plus I wanted a pistol grip gun incase I can't get one later.

Right now I'm thinking about using the hilux on another scout build and picking up a good grade red dot. Maybe $450 $500 bucks worth.
Hoping it saves weight, also waiting on my supressor to come in about 5 months I might cut the barrel down to 12".
I know I will lose some knockdown but the mobility of this would be perfect!

I'm looking at some gen 2 aimpoints the small 511 eotech, and the smallest, and what I would like to go with a trigicon rmr. I've seen the eo and aimpoints on scout rails, but I'm not sure how a rmr would be mounted that far forward.
Anyone use dots on there rails? Any other sudgestions?

· Registered
19 Posts
I use dots on my rails (Ranch Rifle, M-14, and AK's)

Any quality dot sight will work just fine. Trijicons are very high quality, as are the Aimpoints and Eotechs.

A good friend has a Tijicon Reflex (older model) mounted on his scout mount on his M-14 SOCOM, and it works great.
I have an Ultradot on my Mini. It works as well as the Eotech on my AR, at least for me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.